My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visitation between A.F.&A.M and F&A.M

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I don't have that in my obligation and, if I did, I don't see what it has to do with not recognizing some jurisdictions

EQNUPE

I don't have that in my obligation and, if I did, I don't see what it has to do with not recognizing some jurisdictions
In the interest of being cautious, I would advise you to refer to the first stanzas of your 1st and 2nd. "Regularly Constituted" speaks for itself, so save the linguistic straining please.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Still don't know what you're speaking of. Remember, not all obligations are the same. Perhaps you could refer me to the page of Duncan's which has the phrase you are thinking of.

However, the phrase you mention is appropriate in the discussion, as that is the point: a determination as been made that another GL is not regularly constituted. That IS in the obligations which most of us share: we do not have masonic intercourse with those who are members of grand lodges/lodges determined not to be regularly constituted.

dfreybur

Premium Member
I also have a question for the brethren here what is the benefit of having mutual recognition but not visitation how far does this recognition go ...

If you move state to state or country to country and your jurisdiction is recognized by the UGLE, there's a presumption that your jurisdiction is valid. Most jurisdictions mostly copy the list from UGLE so recognition might already be in place but even if it isn't you're known to not be clandestine. You should be able to transfer membership.

For jurisdictions that only allow single affiliations this might be reasonable. Being a member in 4 lodges in 3 jurisdictions at the moment I figure single affiliation rules are from an era that predates planes, trains and automobiles, but your jurisdiction your rules.

As with so many on the board I live in a city area with lodges in both jurisdictions. When I first moved into the state (Texas in my case) I visited both until I ran out the maximum time and affiliated with one. I don't have to understand I just have to follow the rules. And work within the rules to get them changed.

Mindovermatter Ace

I can tell you for a fact that there are only one or two PHA Lodges and or GLs that are AF&AMs. If you run across any more than that, it's more than likely bogus.

Last edited:

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I also have a question for the brethren here what is the benefit of having mutual recognition but not visitation how far does this recognition go , I can recognize you and call you brother but I can't sit with you in a tiled meeting and pursue the beautiful light of masonry beside my brother? That's kind of like kissing your sister in my opinion
That is why we in Texas, both PHA and GLoTX, have worked so hard in the past few years to get the privileges of Masonry approved. Without them, recognition just didn't mean much.