Visitation Between Prince Hall and Regular Lodges

Discussion in 'Masonic Jurisprudence' started by catsale, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

In a convention

2. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Thanks Glen !

3. relapse98

relapse98 Registered User

(I know you aren't following the thread anymore, but I'm going to reply anyways).

Frankly, I find the comparing of recognition between the 2 Grand Lodges in your state to Global Warming, Suez Canal, Kim Kardashian, etc. a little disheartning. You're talking about a discussion in your local lodge. I would think recognition between the 2 Grand Lodges is a little more germaine than keeping up with the kardashians. I will say that in my lodge, in Texas, we have discussions pretty regulary about visitation. Usually its about how we do have the right to visit, but the process is so f'ed up its almost unusable (My lodge has visited a local PH lodge and they have done the same with us - but the process sucks so bad, its amazing that the Grand Lodge of Texas put it in place. Its almost like they would really rather you not visit but threw us a bone). I'm not sure how the grand lodges will ever recognize each other if there isn't a movement from the local lodges...

4. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

I try to get legislation on the topic of recognition to GL in my other jurisdictions but without being physically present to explain what's up it is frustrating. The general reaction is "We already have recognition". Sure, but there's more to it than that. There are more states than our own.

Any Brother with a vote in either GL can submit legislation to do away with the local requirement for that ridiculous process. We can't say we can go visit without the process, but we can sure say you can come visit without the process. "Change recognition of all currently recognized PHA jurisdictions to full and traditional recognition without any extra paperwork or restrictions". It takes both sides doing that to complete the sequence.

I am going through the line in Texas. At some point I will be able to submit local legislation like that.

To the other Texas PMs that are members here, if you beat me to it, that's an action worthy of all emulation.

The Traveling Man likes this.
  5. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

From what I heard, both grand lodges wanted the process to be this way initially. Hopefully, it will evolve soon.

6. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

You have no idea how close to the truth you are. :(

7. relapse98

Then both grand lodges suck.

8. relapse98

Submitted a request on April 21st to Grand lodge for a visit on May 23. Hadn't heard anything back, so I called today and apparently its just been sitting around in the Grand Secretary's office.. hasn't been signed by the GS, hasn't been forwarded to Prince Hall, nothing.

Once again, this process sucks so much its almost completely useless.

9. MRichard

Get his secretary's email and send future requests straight to her. Same thing happened to me but I followed up a few weeks later.

Bill Lins likes this.
  10. relapse98

Oh boy, I set them off last time when they found out I communicated directly with the PHA lodge.

Well how else am I supposed to find out dates that are good for us to attend? Start emailing through the respective GS' a couple of years in advance? Sheesh.

The Traveling Man and Bill Lins like this.
  11. MRichard

12. oldjumpmaster

oldjumpmaster Registered User

It’s amazing what a visit to the GL will do along with a face to face discussion in regards to your request. Determine when the GS will be in and “stop by” to receive an update on the status of your visitation request.

13. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Several years ago, I was told by the PHA Grand Master in Minnesota "you don't need my permission. You want to visit one of our lodges? Just go! They'll be happy to see you."

14. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Great!

15. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

That is how it SHOULD be!

16. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

And then there's this:

On Saturday June 10th Anchor-Hilyard Lodge #2 F. & A.M. PHA and Cass Lodge #243 A.F. & A. M. are jointly presenting the Second Annual Masonic Unity Festive Board at the Minnesota Masonic Heritage Center, Bloomington MN.

~Seven Toasts (Wine, Beer and Non-Alcohol choices provided)

~Best of the High End Barbeque World with WB Jerry Oliver Catering Appetizers, Salad, Entree, and Desert

~Only Festive Board featuring both Grand Masters of the same state in the United States.

~Open event and Appendent Bodies are encouraged to wear their bling and bring a calendar to share.

~Photo Booth

~Formal Dress ( Evening attire)

+Both Grand Masters of Masons in Minnesota will be the guests of honor for the evening. Most Worshipful Grand Master John Studell of the Grand Lodge of Minnesota A.F. & A. M. and Most Worshipful Grand Master Japhus Dent Jr. of the Grand Lodge of Minnesota Prince Hall Affiliated F. & A. M.

In the ever growing climate of improving Unity and Fellowship between our Masonic Bodies we celebrate together practice of Our Gentle Craft. Both Grand Masters will respond to the Toast to Our Grand Masters.

17. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Agreed!

18. oldjumpmaster

oldjumpmaster Registered User

Sounds like an awesome event. Clearly setting the stage for others to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

MarkR and Ripcord22A like this.
  19. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

I hope the idea of this type event spreads across the country!

20. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

UT and PHA COL have done a Masonic family picnic for about 18 years. PHA COL lodges meet in UT buildings.

Warrior1256 and MarkR like this.

Share My Freemasonry