My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Can't Afford to Wait

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
So, if we change that? Would that help efficiency or increase waste? If we ended this - would government run faster?

if we change what? you aren't going to change it... that's how it's always been. government is wasteful...

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
http://www.wusa9.com/money/story.aspx?storyid=88915&catid=37

these lists go on and on, dude. the larger government gets, the more impossible it is for a charity to survive.

I didn't see anything about health access? Is there an example that shows when the US government doesn't interfere, Americans get health coverage? The current state seems to contradict that.

and they do it in several ways... including money that was going to charities going to new taxes, inflation and rising costs making it impossible to do things for free nowadays... a myriad ways.

i have no idea. i know it's anecdotal, but i have several nurse/pharmacist/doctor buddies that talk about the hatred they have for serving medicaid patients. one D.O. that i know won't accept medicaid payments anymore... he just treats them for free and tells them he'll bill medicaid.

No worries - I know plenty of other people who, for instance, see how poor women are treated when they go in to have a baby on health care. Tests are expensive, so lets run tests. Natural birth doesn't cost much, surgery does - bring the knife. There are providers on both sides of that. If there's a source for revenue, they'll take it.

How many charities do you know that don't apply for federal grants?

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
if we change what? you aren't going to change it... that's how it's always been. government is wasteful...

Inherently so? No possibility for reform? No possibility for analysis and improvement? Why is the United States Government impossible to reform or improve?

I often wonder if part of the reason it's bad is we elect people who think it's inherently bad and therefore spend no time on analysis and improvement.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Inherently so? No possibility for reform? No possibility for analysis and improvement? Why is the United States Government impossible to reform or improve?

I often wonder if part of the reason it's bad is we elect people who think it's inherently bad and therefore spend no time on analysis and improvement.
one of the best examples of someone that represented change in the name of the people that i can think of right off the top of my head would be none other than the great Hugo Chavez.

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
one of the best examples of someone that represented change in the name of the people that i can think of right off the top of my head would be none other than the great Hugo Chavez.

Which is why he kept getting re-elected and appears to be the only coup in Latin America reversed by the people bringing the country to a halt.

Why is the United States Government impossible to reform or improve? You say it is inefficient, why is that inefficiency impossible to change?

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
So Rush, why shouldn't the Republicans participate in this so-called "Healthcare Summit" with Obama? You label it as a trap, but why? If the Republicans have a better plan...then speak up!!

It's a trap because those at the summit will have to acknowledge there are people who are uninsured who are actual people, often with jobs and morals - and sickness. It would be more of a trap if you had some of the uninsured present.

They will have to acknowledge there is a problem or say there isn't.

And then they will have to sugest something that they wil see as an improvement - they will actually have to offer a strategy.

All of that gives credence to the idea there are working people in this country of highest wealth, who don't live as long as other countries.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Which is why he kept getting re-elected and appears to be the only coup in Latin America reversed by the people bringing the country to a halt.

Why is the United States Government impossible to reform or improve? You say it is inefficient, why is that inefficiency impossible to change?

change to what? an uber streamlined example of efficiency?

because there are 304 million customers.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
We have 46 million Americans without Healthcare insurance, yet we're able provide Universal Healthcare to over 31 million Iraqis and 28 million Afghans! In matter of fact, Article 31 of the Iraqi Constitution states:

"First: Every citizen has the right to health care. The State shall maintain public health and provide the means of prevention and treatment by building different types of hospitals and health institutions."

Where's the outcry from the right about this?

Last edited:

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
i believe everyone has a right to health care, just like you have the right to guns. you're welcome to have a gun, but you have to buy it yourself.