What religion did this come from?

Discussion in 'The Refreshment Lounge' started by JTM, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

Hint: it was a long time ago. It's not very difficult.

2. Sirius

Sirius Registered User

Christian.

I believe Pope Urban II?

3. JTM

yes. as it was read aloud to me the other night, i couldn't help but think that these words could have come from the mouth of osama bin laden himself if you filled the blanks in correctly.

4. Sirius

Sirius Registered User

It does sound like ti could be from binladin. This is a powerful example of how religious fundamentalism gets people killed.

Where did you hear it?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  5. JTM

this last stated meeting we had, a professor from A&M came and talked about the history of the crusades, this one on a slide, i looked it up later.

6. Sirius

Sirius Registered User

Nice. I love meeting like that.

The Crusades weren't Christianity's brightest moment. But without the crusades, there would be no Renaissance and no Masonry.

7. LRG

LRG Premium Member

I care less of religion. I care the most for FAITH

8. rhitland

rhitland Founding Member Premium Member

I know the Pope right now I think his name is Benedict the 16th reconstituted a prayer from the 400's that is not very pleasant for the Muslim faith or any faith but his kind really.

9. Sirius

Sirius Registered User

What does this mean?

10. LRG

LRG Premium Member

Religion can be tainted, well paid, lost, and deceitful.

What religion was Abraham, Moses, JESUS? They were none(catholic,muslim,budda etc.)
    They had FAITH in one GOD-The King of Kings. My FATHER is everywhere.

What religion is our craft. None, but we have faith. A belief in one GOD. And, our craft has done more for humanity than religion. For what charge to humanity? None

11. Sirius

Sirius Registered User

The Muslim ,Jew , and Buddhist would say they have faith also. Are they not equal as Brethren? Is their faith any less?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  12. LRG

LRG Premium Member

Religion------------------------------Faith

13. Sirius

Sirius Registered User

I'm sorry, but I dont understand your meaning.

14. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Would I sit in Lodge with a Brother of another faith? Of course, but when it comes to religion, Christianity is NOT equal to Judaism, Islam or (INSERT RELIGION). You either choose to follow Christ or refuse him. That being said, I'm not going to place limits on who God allows into Heaven.

Quick question.....how come Christianity is the religion often targeted here? Why is it okay to dissect and question Christianity, but take a hands off approach when it comes to other faiths? We should examine all religions and leave it up to the individual to decide what path to take....

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  15. LRG

LRG Premium Member

Good question. Christianity( Jesus Christ ) is well thought of in many ways. The Koran has connections with our VSL-Book of Faith-. So why we won't get along? Pride. My Lord is better than yours. And this is true my Lord Jesus Christ is the one and only. Why?
    In the Old Testament, God was of war and HE would wipe tribes and seeds off. Our God -The Only GOD -gave us Himself in flesh- Jesus - Jesus concluded the Old Testament and began the New Testament. Jesus preached about love, charity, fellowship, humble, and taking care of the sick. Jesus refused war and allowed himself to be TORTURED and Crucified. My Lord Jesus Christ only had to say " Help Father " and what do you think would have happened. Whatever belief one may have, one thing is true, Jesus Christ died for your sins.

Islam. Mohammed was of war.
    Maybe someone could say of the good deeds that was done.
    Who am I to say their beliefs are of not.
    I respect all religions and it is hard to see the finger pointing at Christians. Because I am one

____________________________________________________________________________________
    What would happen if you take away religion and only left with faith? Does Faith need religion? When Moses went to recieve orders from Our Father, what were the people doing? Creating a religion?
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

16. Sirius

Sirius Registered User

It's the assumption that everyone else is wrong. Many Christians here state that they are correct and every other religion is wrong. Why cant two people have different faith? Why must one be 'religion' and therefore less than equal.

I agree with your sentiments but disagree with your theology. But, I'll leave the theology alone. I think its more than pride that make us defensive about our faith, its our ticket to heaven. You question a mans faith and your questing his ability to get to heaven. But why must it be this way? Why cant we simply accept what we believe and it be OK for others to have there own quite faith? Why must those that believe different necessarily be wrong?

17. LRG

LRG Premium Member

B/Sonny, what do you believe?

18. Sirius

Sirius Registered User

Thats a very broad question. I think the answer you're looking for is this. I'm a Christian. That being said, I think that modern Christendom has misread scripture to its advantage. I guess the best term (label) for me would be, Gnostic Christian. But I don't think other Christians are necessarily wrong for their faith, just different.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  19. LRG

LRG Premium Member

ahh gnostic. explains alot-just kiddin :)

your right and that is exactly what i mean. leave it up to man to twist. to find hidden messages in passages. out of text. manipulate.

Is our GOD the same as everyone else? Maybe! Islam is not bad, it is just the radicals who brainwash the out of text passages within the scripture. One could get a different meaning out of the same scripture countless times.
    It boils down to Faith not what ones wrote about hundreds of years After Christ.

20. Sirius

Sirius Registered User

I think you're correct. It is man that manipulates words and people. I know every Christian isn't like the KKK'ers who will use scripture to justify everything they say. And I know every Muslim isn't out to start a jihad. A man half way across the world can lead a normal life, practice his faith, and feel a connection to God. Just because his faith is different doesn't make me feel his connection to God is any less thine mine, its just different. In my book different doesn't mean wrong. Judge not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share My Freemasonry