My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What religion did this come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRG

Premium Member
I think you're correct. It is man that manipulates words and people. I know every Christian isn't like the KKK'ers who will use scripture to justify everything they say. And I know every Muslim isn't out to start a jihad. A man half way across the world can lead a normal life, practice his faith, and feel a connection to God. Just because his faith is different doesn't make me feel his connection to God is any less thine mine, its just different. In my book different doesn't mean wrong. Judge not.

That is beautiful. Thank you Brother

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
In my book different doesn't mean wrong. Judge not.

What does John 14:6 mean to you?

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Should we twist that verse in order to fit our own agenda? If you truly believe in the teachings of Christ, then you must accept that he is the only way to Salvation. I have no problem respecting someones beliefs, but not at the expense of downplaying my own, nor would I except a Brother of another faith to do so.

I grow tired of threads such as this. You can spend a good 15 minutes searching through thousands of posts and not one is critical or questions the validity of other faiths, except Christianity. Most everyone on this forum has an open mind, but good grief.

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Last edited:

LRG

Premium Member
You can show the goat where the water is but you can not make it drink.

Something I gave up on. It almost seems that you are born with our belief

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
I love this- The Truth

Sirius

Should we twist that verse in order to fit our own agenda? If you truly believe in the teachings of Christ, then you must accept that he is the only way to Salvation. I have no problem respecting someones beliefs, but not at the expense of downplaying my own, nor would I except a Brother of another faith to do so.

I'm growing tired of threads such as this. You can spend a good 15 minutes searching through thousands of posts and not one is critical or questions the validity of other faiths, except Christianity. Most everyone on this forum has an open mind, but good grief.

Well, the Muslims take it on the chin on a regular basis.

But to your question about John 14:6- I believe Jesus is saying his teachings are the guide to truth. The conflict is between those who see the Bible as being the literal word of God and those who cant see a a whole document coming down through he ages and languages and still be the literal word of God. If you want to believe that you should read it in the original language and understand what it literally means. Even the Great Masonic Pastors like Newton and Peal didn't think the Bible was completely literal. As long as theology is discussed on this forum, this debate will go on and on.

"In my book different doesn't mean wrong. Judge not." Blake you choose to be offended by that? Really?

Christians, you just can't feed them to the lions anymore!

Last edited:

Sirius

Gnostic means to know. So, if we know, what is faith for?

The terms can actually almost be synonymous. Gnosis is more of a process whereas faith is a constant. There is some hair splitting to be done. Regardless, there is no process without faith. So faith is essential.

Sirius

I love this- The Truth

I did notice the key word missing is 'only'. As in only truth. Leaving the possibility of multiple ,and equal, truths.

Sirius

And that perfectly good for you. The larger point was this, Christianity doesn't have the market cornered on truth. It's not OK, the think you're religion makes you just a little bit better than everyone else. Thats the problem Urban II ran into. He said it was better so go on a Crusade, you'll be OK because your faith is better than the infidels.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
I think that believing what Ubran did wrong is twist the point of the bible into a convenient way until it resembled in no way the original meaning,

but i think what blake is saying, that to believe Christianity at all, you must also believe that Christianity does have the market cornered.

Can you believe the statement about "no way except through me" is correct while still having a fulfilling relationship with Christ? I believe the easy, straight-forward answer is no, you can't.

On a personal level, I've taken the even easier route and just ignored the question altogether.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Before I post on the subject I wanted to address the beating of a dead horse. I believe none of us are trying to defeat Christianity or any religion I feel we are trying to learn. Although the way this is sometimes articulated can sound brass every single one of us are looking for that next piece of wisdom that will change our lives and if we cannot discuss how we feel so others can express their wisdom on the subject to learn from than we are done for. We have to also realize Christianity is about all we know in the USA so if an attack goes toward organized religion our examples are usually based from what we have experienced and know of. Further more you also have to realize attacking something is a reaction of misunderstanding and is human nature which we cannot punish or get upset about this is when our whispering in the ear comes into play. Funny thing is though most will not listen to the whisper until the lesson hits them in the face and draws spiritual blood. Allot of how I look at things in life have changed due to this site and I hope we can forgive each other of our ignorances and downfalls to truly aid each other in our reformations.

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
Before I post on the subject I wanted to address the beating of a dead horse. I believe none of us are trying to defeat Christianity or any religion I feel we are trying to learn. Although the way this is sometimes articulated can sound brass every single one of us are looking for that next piece of wisdom that will change our lives and if we cannot discuss how we feel so others can express their wisdom on the subject to learn from than we are done for. We have to also realize Christianity is about all we know in the USA so if an attack goes toward organized religion our examples are usually based from what we have experienced and know of. Further more you also have to realize attacking something is a reaction of misunderstanding and is human nature which we cannot punish or get upset about this is when our whispering in the ear comes into play. Funny thing is though most will not listen to the whisper until the lesson hits them in the face and draws spiritual blood. Allot of how I look at things in life have changed due to this site and I hope we can forgive each other of our ignorances and downfalls to truly aid each other in our reformations.

+1.

Sirius

but i think what blake is saying, that to believe Christianity at all, you must also believe that Christianity does have the market cornered.

Well this brakes down to theological interpretation, which I'm way to sober for. Suffices to say, I have a completely fulfilling relationship with Christ, without believing Christianity has all truth.

Excellent post, Rhit.

Last edited:

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Well this brakes down to theological interpretation, which I'm way to sober for. Suffices to say, I have a completely fulfilling relationship with Christ, without believing Christianity has all truth.
it's along the lines of jesus saying abraham knew him to the jews. they couldn't believe in one part but not the other. there are whole "sermon-series" on that one.

Nate Riley

Premium Member

I grow tired of threads such as this. You can spend a good 15 minutes searching through thousands of posts and not one is critical or questions the validity of other faiths, except Christianity. Most everyone on this forum has an open mind, but good grief.

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.