My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Living or Dead Mason

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
I'm going to answer this a bit oddly.

1. The members of my mother lodge who paid for and built the massive building which the lodge met in (at the time it was built is was the largest building in the city). I would love to have seen this group who had such pride in Masonry that made it possible for me to join decades later.

2. Prince Hall.

Last edited:

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
There are far too many answers to the question (Churchill, Truman, Franklin, Lafayette, Newton...), but for now I'll say Anthony Sayer.

Matt L

Site Benefactor
Capt. Samuel Nicholas USMC and the Brothers of Tun Tavern Lodge. My Grandfather William Edward Kiernan, he died in 1939.

CLewey44

Found out the famous writer (B.O.T.A., Qabalah, tarot and occult contributor) and freemason Paul Foster Case is from where I live now and was a MM at the local lodge. That'd be an interesting conversation over lunch.

Keith C

Living - Brad Paisley. While I am not really a fan of Country Music, I admire his open support for the Craft and in particular the Scottish Rite and the DeMolay. Sadly today entertainers with a strong moral compass are few and far between and I would enjoy learning from him how he applies Masonic values in such an environment.

Dead - Clifford P. MaCalla. He was Grand Master of PA Masons from 1889-1890. One of the Lodges that combined to create my lodge was named for him in 1892, several months after his death from malaria in Egypt, where he was conducting masonic research in the Holy Land and North Africa. It would be interesting to meet him and learn of the qualities that caused those who established my lodge to so honor him.

Bloke

Premium Member
I'm still thinking on this, I'm tossing up George Washington or Mark Twain.... but also William Bede Dalley QC (1831-1888) because he lived in early Sydney but seems like a smarty pants who broke some recent stereotypes and I'd like to find out some facts from fictions. He was Australia's first Privy Councilor, Solicitor-General, Attorney-General and held several other "high offices" but interestingly was an Irish Catholic...