My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widows Sons

tomasball

Premium Member
Brother,
I received your PM but cannot respond due to not having posted enough times. Please send me an email address so that I can respond, I have some good information for you that I think will ease your mind.
Fraternally,
Roger

Well, I sent my email a week ago, and no response. If he has some information, I would like to hear it.

owls84

Premium Member
Why doesn't someone just send a request for a Grand Master's Decision on this? If it was rejected by the Grand Lodge body for recognition I am confused as to how it would be legal. I really don't know though.

LRG

Premium Member
It was rejected to a re-vote and from the way the story goes, it was passed and all the supporters left in celebration. Well, while they were gone, it came up for vote again and it got voted down. IMHO

I am more than certain that others with more knowledge than I,could shed further light

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Best I can tell, they're claiming that they do not restrict membership to Masons only, thus exempting them from Art. 225(a).

What happened to them @ Grand Lodge was that their request for recognition was approved, then Bro. Duncan Chapman moved for reconsideration, citing their "naked lady" logo. His motion was approved & the WS request was denied upon reconsideration.

Crash

Why all the questions, if they dont fall under the grand lodge. We cannot tell them they can't wear the sqaure and compass after all they are Master Mason and are granted all the right there within.

Last edited:

tomasball

Premium Member
Why all the questions, if they dont fall under the grand lodge. We cannot tell them they can't wear the sqaure and compass after all they are Master Mason and are granted all the right there within.

I don't really understand why you think they might not fall under the grand lodge. The Grand Lodge is the supreme authority for all masonic activity within the State of Texas. Shrine, Scottish Rite, York Rite, Grotto, Eastern Star, High Twelve...none can exist in Texas without the approval of the Grand Lodge of Texas.

I also don't understand why Bro. Moore says they don't require their members to be Masons, since both their state and national websites say it is a requirement.