Wise Quotes n phrases

Discussion in 'Poetry and Words of Wisdom' started by cog41, Dec 22, 2011.

1. 6229 MAC

6229 MAC Registered User

Zig Ziggler

2. Plustax

Plustax Registered User

Rungs on the Ladder of Success has splinters that can only be felt on the way down. Author.... Unkown

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  3. Michael Hatley

Michael Hatley Premium Member

"Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain." - Mark Twain

“Be true to your work, your word, and your friend” ― Henry David Thoreau

"Help your brother's boat across, and your own will reach the shore. "~Hindu Proverb

4. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty or happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt."~~~~ Samuel Adams

"Character may be manifested in the great moments, but it is made in the small one."~~~~ Winston Churchill

5. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen."~~~~Tommy Smothers

"A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body - the wishbone." ~~~~Robert Frost

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  6. Roach

Roach Registered User

"I have lived sir a long time, and the longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth ~ that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured, sir in the sacred writings, that "except the Lord build the house they labour in vain that build it"-Psalm 127:1 I firmly believe this." ~~~~Benjamin Franklin

7. Roach

Roach Registered User

To win a hundred victories in a hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill~~~
    Sun Tzu

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking ~~~ General Patton

Freemason Connect Mobile

8. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

"Duty is not collective, it's personal."~~~~Calvin Coolidge

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  9. Howard1977

Howard1977 Registered User

Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid. - Bro. John Wayne

Brother, Companion, & Sir Knight Howard E. Hubbard. New Hope #480 Eldon, Iowa A.F. & A.M and Springville Lodge #139 A.F. & A.M. Springville , Iowa, Clinton Chapter #9 R.A.M, Ottumwa Council #31.R. & S. M., Malta Commandery #31 K.T, State of Iowa

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  10. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

"It is vanity to wish for a long life and care little about a well-spent life."~~~~Thomas A' Kempis

11. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

"In everyone's life,at sometime, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into a flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." ~~~~Albert Schweitzer

"We live, in fact, in a world starved for solitude, silence, and private: And therefore starved for meditation and true friendship."~~~~C.S.Lewis

12. David Hill

David Hill Registered User

"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit under."
    - Greek proverb

13. 6229 MAC

6229 MAC Registered User

Zig Ziggler

14. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

"We can't do everything at once, but we can do something at once."~~~~Calvin Coolidge

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  15. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

"Humility is something we should constantly pray for, yet never thank God that we have."~~~~~M.R. DeHaan

"Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart."~~~~~John Wesley

16. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

"Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and the angels know of us."~~~~Thomas Paine

"The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."~~~~~Thomas Jefferson

17. PHA KD#50

PHA KD#50 Registered User

If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart. -Nelson Mandela

Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die!! -Unknown

Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress. Dont strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt -Unknown

My Freemasonry HD

18. PHA KD#50

PHA KD#50 Registered User

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightening and lightening bug. -Mark Twain

My Freemasonry HD

19. Gaijin94

Gaijin94 Registered User

Baal's Bridge Square: I will strive to live with Love and Care, Upon the Level and by the Square......simple but I really like it.

My Freemasonry HD

20. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

"Never say there is nothing beautiful in the world anymore. There is always something to make you wonder in the shape of a tree, the trembling of a leaf."~~~~Albert Schweitzer

"All the work of the world is merely a taking advantage of energies already there."~~~~Henry Drummond

Share My Freemasonry