Wise Quotes n phrases

Discussion in 'Poetry and Words of Wisdom' started by cog41, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts....no idea who said it

mrpierce17 likes this.
  2. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

There's an even harsher version of this by Harlan Ellison who is a science fiction author well known for irritating others -

You're not entitled to your own opinion. You're only entitled to your own informed opinion.

When I encounter people who make statements out the wrong end of their anatomy (myself included once I figure it out) I remember Ellison's saying and try to just smile.

3. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

This made me smile

You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

-- Anne Lamott

Tbarb and Warrior1256 like this.
  4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Good one.

5. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

"The circulation of confidence is better than the circulation of money."~~~~~James Madison

"Americans have the advantage of being armed-unlike those of other countries whose governments are afraid of trusting the people with arms."~~~~~James Madison

6. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

"Live light, travel light, spread the light, be the light." - tea bag tag

Ripcord22A likes this.
  7. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

"Knees in the breeze, may the wind be light and all your landings be soft!" Chaplain to Paratroopers before a jump at FtBragg NC

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry mobile app

8. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

"If you don't want the truth, don't ask me a question. If you want something sugar coated, go buy some M&Ms."
    "The people you call 'try hard' today are the same people you will call 'boss' in the future."
    Me to my students.

Bloke, Ripcord22A and Bill Lins like this.
  9. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

"When people will not weed their own minds, they are apt to be overrun by nettles."---Horace Walpole

10. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

"You don't get to be old by being no fool, thats why a lot of young wise men are dead"

Sent from my LG-LS997 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Share My Freemasonry