My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

York Rite College

Companion Joe

Premium Member
My York Rite College is perhaps the strongest Masonic body in my area. It is made up of the most dedicated Masons. We certainly confer degrees. We not only confer the Knight of York, but our College has a Third Degree team that travels to local lodges and confers the third degree with the entire cast wearing tuxedoes. One of the biggest compliments we ever got was something I overheard when we were invited to a small, rural lodge. We were in the middle of the work when one of its members leaned over and told his buddy, "Now this is what I thought Masonry would be like."

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Asking what it takes to become a KCCH/IGH in the AASR and or KYCH or YR. college shouldnt and as far as i know doesn’t bar someone. What bars someone is asking for the rank/membership. Ie “ hey Tom your a KCCH right? How bout you tell Steve, he’s the guy that selects the next ones right? How bout you tell him to promote me? I deserve that red hat more then anyone else

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
My York Rite College is perhaps the strongest Masonic body in my area.
One of the strongest here also.
We certainly confer degrees.
Same here.
We not only confer the Knight of York, but our College has a Third Degree team that travels to local lodges and confers the third degree with the entire cast wearing tuxedoes.
Same here. I had only worn a tuxedo once before in my life but it is standard wear in the College, lol.
One of the biggest compliments we ever got was something I overheard when we were invited to a small, rural lodge. We were in the middle of the work when one of its members leaned over and told his buddy, "Now this is what I thought Masonry would be like."
Great!

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Asking what it takes to become a KCCH/IGH in the AASR and or KYCH or YR. college shouldnt and as far as i know doesn’t bar someone. What bars someone is asking for the rank/membership. Ie “ hey Tom your a KCCH right? How bout you tell Steve, he’s the guy that selects the next ones right? How bout you tell him to promote me? I deserve that red hat more then anyone else
Agreed.

Rifleman1776

Warrior, you are correct. There are many in Masonry who delight in collecting titles and degrees. As anyone who has attended any Grand association meeting knows that many who attend do so only to get introduced. And some of those introductions stretch over several minutes. We are not Masons to get attention.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Warrior, you are correct. There are many in Masonry who delight in collecting titles and degrees. As anyone who has attended any Grand association meeting knows that many who attend do so only to get introduced. And some of those introductions stretch over several minutes. We are not Masons to get attention.
I agree. I am a member of a number of Masonic organizations because I enjoy what they have to offer! If / when I stop enjoying them I will demit. I also understand completely what you are saying about the Grand associations. The entire morning of the first day of Grand Lodge is taken up with introductions.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
It's nice to go to a meeting where suits or tuxedoes are mandated.
Tuxedos at my College.
I attended a Master Mason degree at another lodge where the candidate was wearing a flannel shirt with the sleeves cut out. I'm not a snob, but I cringed in both incidences.
I was at the officer installation of a lodge and the Brother that was being installed as Junior Warden was in a pair of jean shorts and a sweat shirt with the sleeves cut out!!! I couldn't believe it!

Bloke

Premium Member
I once inquired about joining but was told it was invitation only and I had forever disqualified myself by asking. One of several reasons I demited out of York Rite.
Meh... the first time I was invited on a Grand (Craft) Team I declined and was told I would never be asked again. I've been asked to apply for the Grand Team so many times by so many people (including GM Elects) that I have lost count. I've declined every time because I dont have the time and do things in Freemasonry no one else can or is willing to do.... I get the thinking on what you were told, such things are pursued by some title hunters and just like I don't put up a PM for Grand Rank who does nothing but yet keeps asking me to do it, people who ask for such things should be treated differently from those just looking to make a contribution or expand their masonic knowledge.. but if its a "rank" more than a degree, that's a different story, but how are you to know that unless you ask or research...

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Monday, May 31st 2021, I was appointed to the officer line of North Central York Rite College #116. I will be filling the position of Marshal. I am very excited and looking forward to my new duties. Wish me luck!

Bloke

Premium Member
Monday, May 31st 2021, I was appointed to the officer line of North Central York Rite College #116. I will be filling the position of Marshal. I am very excited and looking forward to my new duties. Wish me luck!
I will not wish you luck - I will wish you every success !

Matt L

Site Benefactor
I enjoy the YRC and ritual. When I'm in the lodge with my YRC Distinguished Brethren, I look around and see Masons that I've looked up to since joining the fraternity. The YRC is a great opportunity to learn, and the fellowship is outstanding. Good luck. I hope you find the YRC as rewarding as I do.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I enjoy the YRC and ritual. When I'm in the lodge with my YRC Distinguished Brethren, I look around and see Masons that I've looked up to since joining the fraternity. The YRC is a great opportunity to learn, and the fellowship is outstanding. Good luck. I hope you find the YRC as rewarding as I do.
Thank you very much Sir Knight Matt. I have been a member of North Central York Rite College #116 for three and a half years. I had disparaged of my chances of being appointed to the officer line as we have a lot of members, many much more qualified and with more time in than me. I will do the very best job that I can for the new Governor that saw fit to appoint me.