My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You cant fire me ! I quit !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharlee76

What do I need to do to leave the order ? I no longer want to be a freemason but my lodge isn't very helpful . Can anyone help

Sharlee76

LRG said:
Whats going on

I just want leave but I would like to make it official . I do not want to just stop attending lodge like a lot of brothers do ,I would like to step out of the order officially

Sharlee76

Blake Bowden said:
Demit.

BTW...thread moved.

My problem is that the secretary of my lodge isn't being very helpful so I was wondering if there was anyone else I could talk to . Thank you

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I would add that if you can not get any assistance from your local secretary, then contact your District Deputy Grand Master. If you still can not get any results, then contact the Grand Secretary.

Hopefully by the time that you get to the DDGM, your request will be responded to.

I am not sure what has happened to turn you away from the Fraternity, but I am sorry for what ever it was. Hopefully whom ever you talk to knows the reasoning behind your decision so that it can be corrected.

Jclements46

Sharlee76 said:
What do I need to do to leave the order ? I no longer want to be a freemason but my lodge isn't very helpful . Can anyone help

Brother, how can you quit being a good man? How can you stop personal growth?

Sharlee76

LRG said:
I think I understand you. You just want to get out of the line. No more officer or warden. Just tell the WM that you do not wish to be apart of the line any longer and you would like to sit it out. You still want to attend lodge but with no line order. Things like this happens when too much is expected or a brother in the line, is picked on or humilated. You have no ties to the line, just sit it out. Tell your WM that a protem would be needed. If you need someone to talk to, pm Blake,Bill Lins or anyone on here. We are here to help in any way brother

Your words show true kindness , ,,it's more complicated than that . I'm not on the line yet and if I was on the line I would serve joyfully but there are many things that led me to make the decision to leave . God bless you for your kind words , I treasure them .

Charlie

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
Jclements46 said:

I don't think they are quitting being a good man or stopping personal growth, I think they have come to the conclusion that Freemasonry is not for them. The craft is not for everyone, and men become and stay Freemasons of their own freewill and accord. If he chooses to leave, as Freemasons we must respect his choice even if we wish the brother to stay.

Sharlee76

Jclements46 said:

I hope that removing myself from the fraternity won't have any effect in me being a god man . before I took upon myself certain obligations I was already following a strict moral code , strict yet vey simple , kindness my friend,towards all mankind black or white mason or not . I take my obligation extremely seriously and It was between me and god, and I will never brake it, it had little to do with the lodge or anyone else and it breaks my heart to see masons breaking their obligation and not being nice to each other to say the least .I wish not to be part of any of that, and I wish that some of these men would stop poisoning this ancient order , there has been a series of events along the border in the past 5 months that forced some masons to show their true colors turning their backs on other masons ignoring the grand hailing sign and many other things . It breaks my heart to see that to some masons this is just a place to have dinner once a month and discuss paying bills .

Charlie
P.s.
How can some men claim to have received the light when their eyes were shut

M

mark!

Brother, you sound as if the lodge you're a member of is the issue, and not masonry as a whole. Have you considered switching lodges or visiting a different lodge? I know first hand of these issues you speak of, I too am facing this very thing. I am about to start the process of demiting from my current lodge and switching to a closer lodge. I hope for the best in your situation.

Sharlee76

mark! said:
Brother, you sound as if the lodge you're a member of is the issue, and not masonry as a whole. Have you considered switching lodges or visiting a different lodge? I know first hand of these issues you speak of, I too am facing this very thing. I am about to start the process of demiting from my current lodge and switching to a closer lodge. I hope for the best in your situation.

I have traveled to many places and I've seen the same problems everywhere I go
I've even visited lodges on Mexico and there are problems everywhere and it's too bad that a b.: has to go to another lodge because he no longer feels welcomed ,,, I just don't get it . I wish you the best of luck . If we were kind to each other things would be alot better ,,, you know ,,,,, the Masonic way !

M

mark!

I have traveled to many places and I've seen the same problems everywhere I go
I've even visited lodges on Mexico and there are problems everywhere and it's too bad that a b.: has to go to another lodge because he no longer feels welcomed ,,, I just don't get it . I wish you the best of luck . If we were kind to each other things would be alot better ,,, you know ,,,,, the Masonic way !
A lot of lodge are facing issues today, that's understood, but we mustn't let these issues get us down to the point of stepping away from the fraternity. There were moments where I felt unsure as to what I was doing in Masonry, where I felt out of place and at times not wanted around, but I kept reading through my Grandfathers Masonic Bible, where he had written in what Masonry had meant to him and how it made him feel. It is extremely depressing and sad, even makes me angry to some extent that a lodge of brothers, in a fraternity that is supposed to uphold brother hood, love, respect, and good will, can turn a brother away and make him feel as you do. In my honest opinion, we've had some lodges that definitely bring negative light upon all of us for whatever reason, but it is us who must push on and make things right my Brother. I can respect your decision, and hope that there may be some light left in your heart towards Masonry. I do whole heartedly hope you don't walk away from us and spread your misfortune with others and we are not all cold and shut off, if that is the case with your current lodge. Again I wish you all the best, and hope that you find the road easily travelled. God Speed Brother.

If there is anything at all we can do, please, PM me or any other Brother here. If you are close by we can meet for lunch or you can even call and talk about these issues. All the best.

Sharlee76

mark! said:
A lot of lodge are facing issues today, that's understood, but we mustn't let these issues get us down to the point of stepping away from the fraternity. There were moments where I felt unsure as to what I was doing in Masonry, where I felt out of place and at times not wanted around, but I kept reading through my Grandfathers Masonic Bible, where he had written in what Masonry had meant to him and how it made him feel. It is extremely depressing and sad, even makes me angry to some extent that a lodge of brothers, in a fraternity that is supposed to uphold brother hood, love, respect, and good will, can turn a brother away and make him feel as you do. In my honest opinion, we've had some lodges that definitely bring negative light upon all of us for whatever reason, but it is us who must push on and make things right my Brother. I can respect your decision, and hope that there may be some light left in your heart towards Masonry. I do whole heartedly hope you don't walk away from us and spread your misfortune with others and we are not all cold and shut off, if that is the case with your current lodge. Again I wish you all the best, and hope that you find the road easily travelled. God Speed Brother.

If there is anything at all we can do, please, PM me or any other Brother here. If you are close by we can meet for lunch or you can even call and talk about these issues. All the best.

Not all masons are cold you are right about that ,,
: ) kindness is all we need and you seem to have great wealth in terms of kindness .

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
i edited my post out. if this thread becomes the norm, i'll start locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.