YR Degrees

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by Mel Knight, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

What GL?

2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Old school? Ive never heard of an GL requiring that a MM move beyond MM iot be able to lead their lodge?

And Freemasonry isnt all about Advancement. Its about bettering yourself, lodge, community, family ect ect

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Warrior1256 likes this.
  3. mrpierce17

mrpierce17 KOP Council director / Lodge instructor Premium Member

Research a ancient craft masonry in those times the HRAM degrees where conferred along with the blue or symbolic lodge and they where compiled into 3 degrees although EA's where hardly mentioned until around 1729 and where placed on probation and giving no prerogatives you could say originally there was only 2 degrees then later FC's where allowed to take on an EA according to the information I have I

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  4. mrpierce17

My source is masonry defined you can also find this information elsewhere

5. mrpierce17

6. Ripcord22A

Thats too hard to read on my phone......does it say that iot be a warden in a FREEMASONIC lodge that you have to.go in to the YR?

7. mrpierce17

No but it does say HRAM degrees are included in the first 3 degrees in ancient craft masonry that could be the reasoning behind the requirement for doing HRAM in order to sit as warden in his jurisdiction you really only need to read the first witch I took down to edit so profane's couldn't see the meaning behind some of our emblems this is the first page ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1473217332.497541.jpg

8. mrpierce17

A little better pic I wish we could do pdf files

9. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

That statement "including the Holy Royal Arch" was added to satisfy the Antients at the unification of 1813. It was never required that you become Royal Arch; that phrase just included it in "Ancient Craft Masonry," which the Moderns never did.
    In some states, doing the Cryptic Council is not required before Commandery. Minnesota didn't require it for many years; it was just re-added a few years ago, because so few were doing Council.

Glen Cook likes this.
  10. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

1. Who told you YR is a pre-req for the South?
    2. Is it YR or HRA that is the pre-req?

11. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Thank for all the work in posting that.

To be more precise, the Ancients (which were the new GL, not the Premier GL) practised HRA after one had been a master of a lodge, that is, presided in the East. See Cryer, What Do You Know About The Royal Arch, page 54. If you don't have Cryer's books on your shelf, I would encourage you to obtain them.

MarkR, Bloke and mrpierce17 like this.
  12. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

This was news to me also. That's what makes these forums so interesting.

13. J.D.

J.D. Registered User

The Grand Sec. of RAM in WV also all the wardens and WM in my lodge.

14. J.D.

J.D. Registered User

I see a lot of "Jesus" and "Christian" in that book. And people say it isn't Christian or has anything to do with it. I think people should actually read the books they're handed out instead of putting it in a drawer then getting mad at people for telling them what is in the pages. No class.

Derek Harvey likes this.
  15. J.D.

J.D. Registered User

That's why I am a Christian, to better myself, etc. This can only truly be done through Christ. I am a Mason because it was family tradition for lack of a better phrase. Advancement is what I am looking for within the fraternity.

16. J.D.

J.D. Registered User

The Past Master degree, which is given by "- - - - -", you guys are confusing me because some are A.F.&A.M. and some are not, is required to take the Warden station(s). Now this is in West Virginia, mind you. This may not apply to your Grand Lodge. All are different in some way or another.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  17. SimonM

SimonM Registered User

And here comes the weird Swede again.. :)

In the Swedish rite you have to have at least VIII before you can sit in the east, and some GLs also require that you have VII before you can be warden.

Blake Bowden, J.D. and mrpierce17 like this.
  18. mrpierce17

That was in reference to an amulet

19. mrpierce17

As Christians ware amulets of Jesus
    ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1473274805.719046.jpg

Blake Bowden likes this.
  20. Ripcord22A

Brother in US "mainstream" recognized jurisdictions the AF&AM or F&AM matters not. I am a member of 2 AF&AM jurisdictions that trace their lineage to the same jurisdiction and the differences are very noticeable.

However I find it very odd that a GL would require you have an appendent body membership before being able to lead your lodge. Also what if a brother just wants to serve his Blue lodge and has no desire to move outside of it?

As for you desire to advance in the fraternity we have terms for that...title chasers, degree collectors among others. Brother just by saying what youve said if you ever go AASR youll never get the kcch or 33rd as you have expressed desire to receive them. You can never ask or you wont receive them

Glen Cook likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share My Freemasonry