Am i wrong?

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by jfree7997, Oct 13, 2013.

1. bupton52

bupton52 Moderator Premium Member

Yes, only the GAOTU can judge you, but as far as masonic membership goes, there are some guidelines and prerequisites that must be met. Again, I'm sure that the brothers here would be willing to assist you if you ever decide to join the fraternity.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

2. Bro. BaSean Pearson

Bro. BaSean Pearson Registered User

No thanks. I live upright and morally correct already

3. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

Just curious. Did you know that it was a clandestine lodge before you joined? No offense meant.

bupton52 likes this.
  4. bupton52

bupton52 Moderator Premium Member

I hope that you would strive to do that without being a mason.

BroBook and MRichard like this.
  5. tldubb

tldubb Premium Member

Brother Pearson, I call you brother because I believe all mankind are brothers, but I would strongly suggest that you seek healing from a "mainstream" or pha lodge. I think your relatively young age has afforded others to lead you by unscrupulous reasons or ignorance to a clandestine lodge. I urge you to do the research on Most Worshipful Bro. Prince Hall and it should enlighten you to truth of this wonderful, beautiful craft. God bless!

MRichard and bupton52 like this.
  6. Zack

Zack Registered User

Wise council Brother

tldubb likes this.
  7. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Unfortunately bogus jurisdictions call themselves legit - How could they do otherwise and stay in existence. Nearly every member joins with sincere intentions having no idea they are joining a bogus jurisdiction so they are duped. Most officers have no idea. If a man advances to elected grand line offices he has to know by then but by then he tends to be too entrenched to start over.

If you're okay having been duped that's fine. Plenty of good men have joined clandestine lodges having no idea that's what happened. Until they start visiting lodges outside of their area. Plenty of clandestine lodges are forces for good in their communities.

When you try to visit lodges in this list http://www.conferenceofgrandmasterspha.org/gjlinks.asp or this list http://www.ugle.org.uk/about/foreign-grand-lodges you will be turned away.

If you joined for Masonry please consider finding a listed lodge and applying for healing.

tldubb and MBC like this.
  8. MBC

MBC Twice Registered User Premium Member

As a EC mason, I don't think I should comment on this.
    However I think that a clandestine lodge is not good for you to join and you should go back to the mainstream lodges.
    If you know that it is clandestine but you still join, you are not a mason, a mason should do the right things, not joining the "fake" lodge.
    I don't know what your members in your "lodge" said to you about their irregularity or legitimately. If they know about that but refuse to tell you at the beginning, they just cheat on you. Do you think you can still trust them?
    There are regular lodges waiting for you to join. You can't know the practice or ceremony that you are doing is regular or not.
    At last, we mean you no harm and just want you to go back on the right track.

9. BroBook

BroBook Premium Member

Yes my brother I was I , P & R in 1984 in Florida and like you I never had a problem with being recognized by brothers or fellows as such , but hear me good I never once tried to visit any lodge but my own , not even of the same jurisdiction , I am in fl, after coming to this site and conversing not "Masonic" with these brothers I got healed it does not change who you are but it puts you on the square, go back and read through you OBs and decide did the people who started your grand lodge follow their ob

Bro Book
    M.W.U.G.L. Of Fl: P.H.A.
    Excelsior # 43
    At pensacola

MBC, MarkR and tldubb like this.
  10. Radical540

Radical540 Registered User

Nor have I (Michigan).

11. MRichard

Have you visited any Prince Hall lodges?

12. jfree7997

jfree7997 Registered User

I'm new to masonry and all of this hurts my heart. My lodge is in Newport news as stated earlier. It's not Prince Hall but it's on the square. Come visit if you like.

13. tldubb

tldubb Premium Member

Be not troubled the truth is not meant to hurt just to enlighten, the truth brings light to anything that is in darkness or hidden. Take the wise counsel you have received from my brethren and find the path you need to take.

We as mainstream and pha cannot visit your lodge it woud be a violation of XIV (14th) landmark of Freemasonry. "The right of every Mason to visit and sit in every REGULAR Lodge when there is no object". The key word is regular. Also, in our constitution we are forbidden to have any masonic intercourse we clandestine made masons.

Bro. Todd L. Wilson, Junior Deacon
    Clarence C. Kittrell, #149 ( PHA )
    MWPHGL Jurisdiction of Pennsylvania
    4301 N. Broad Street
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Every 3rd Sunday 13:00 (1:00pm)

14. MRichard

Point of clarification, Brother. He stated he belonged to Bremond Lodge. Assuming that is correct, it is a regular lodge under the Grand Lodge of Virginia. You may be confusing him with the other poster. Not sure about visitation in Virginia between the regular grand lodges in Virginia but I don't remember it as being a state without visitation.

dfreybur, tldubb and MBC like this.
  15. tldubb

tldubb Premium Member

Brother MRichard, thank you for that correction I did confuse the post.

MRichard likes this.
  16. Radical540

Indeed a few....

17. jfree7997

jfree7997 Registered User

It's OK yes I'm a member of Bremond

18. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

http://bessel.org/masrec/phachart.htm

Virginia started without visitation in 2001, removed any restrictions in 2003. If both jurisdictions allow multiple membership a brother could be a member of both at the same time.

19. MRichard

20. Radical540

Share My Freemasonry