My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ancient Aliens Debunked

jvarnell

Premium Member
Ok I'm watchin AA right now and they're talking about a Mayan complex where the legend says it was built over night, and of course the AA are believing it to be literal. This is why I say watch the documentary.

I just got back from a vacation with not commuiacations devices and saw this. Belief is up to everyone's own inturpation. The word debunk should be only applyed to the data used, but using a small amout of data to give a blinket statment anceint alieans beleivers have been debunked is like saying skip the anti-mason has debuncked masonery. I don't understand why someone feels the need to say that what one person beleives is totally wrong. You may think that but they don't they just think you have pointed out some parts of there theroy they need to work on.

As a Mason I need to not dwell on telling some one there beleifs are wrong but look at the one comman theme is that they beleive there is a SAOTU and then show them Masnary can make them better men. The documentary is debuncking information you should do with all subjects not the beleif or theory.

Also is this subject in the right place should it be under Polictics and Religion or did I tie it to Genral Masonary with the last sentance.

jvarnell

Premium Member
The fact that he is a self promoter should be enough for people, and the same goes for all of them on that show. To make claims that flower of life patterns are burned into rock by lasers, or that it would have been impossible for humans to precisely cut stone, among other things is just ludicrous. The history channel has the responsibility to put on shows that are history, not pseudo history, and if putting on shows such as this one it should make it very clear that the people who are coming up with these theories aren't scientists, just people who write books and speculate, and that the show is just THEORY. If the showed other theories other than the Ancient Aliens presented then I think the show would be more credible

The history is a independant business and can put what ever they want on and call there channel what ever they want. AA points out peaces of history the mainstream science skip over because it dosen't fit their theory. All theory's have flaws and the flaws are what make us think and come to our own conclution.

Godfrey Daniel

The fact that he is a self promoter should be enough for people, and the same goes for all of them on that show. To make claims that flower of life patterns are burned into rock by lasers, or that it would have been impossible for humans to precisely cut stone, among other things is just ludicrous. The history channel has the responsibility to put on shows that are history, not pseudo history, and if putting on shows such as this one it should make it very clear that the people who are coming up with these theories aren't scientists, just people who write books and speculate, and that the show is just THEORY. If the showed other theories other than the Ancient Aliens presented then I think the show would be more credible

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Brother, the largest demographic that watches the show also watches "Survivor" and the like. Giorgio is laughing all the way to the bank and Von Daniken can't believe his luck at getting a second chance. There are charlatans everywhere.

Unexplained mysteries are fair game. I figure the pyramid stones were cut with a shamir and placed by levitation. Where's my proof? Proof? Where we're going, we won't need proof.

widows son

Premium Member
Exactly. These guys are charlatans, don get me wrong I believe there is other intelligent life in the universe, there are trillions of galaxies, with trillions of stars and possibly trillions of planets. To say we are alone I think is an ignorant statement, but these guys aren't giving humanity enough credit. Some civilizations were more advanced than others, and could achieve more than others could. If the history channel is going to called it self that, then it should display accurate information. Real scientists have labored for years to prove their work, only to have some pseudo author come in and undo all the hard years of labor and love they have put into their field of work. Bro. Varnell you are right that theories have flaws, but when closely examined, the AA theory falls through the cracks. You "feel" or believe that to be true but you said you hate the word feel because you believe you are the only one that is right, which in my mind is ludicrous.

jvarnell

Premium Member
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Brother, the largest demographic that watches the show also watches "Survivor" and the like. Giorgio is laughing all the way to the bank and Von Daniken can't believe his luck at getting a second chance. There are charlatans everywhere.

Unexplained mysteries are fair game. I figure the pyramid stones were cut with a shamir and placed by levitation. Where's my proof? Proof? Where we're going, we won't need proof.

In that other thread "Astronomy or Astrology" I stated how that Ancient Alien crew helps. Also I don't watch Survivor. It is the word Debuncked that is used here that should be talked about. When some on say the word debuncked they are saying "Expose the falseness or hollowness of (a myth, idea, or belief)." which is ment to stop convertions. I hear this every once and a while, That fact is fiction until it is proven not to be. So you are debuncking what they say but is "Skip" saying he is debunking Freemasoary also. Every myth, idea or beleif has some trouth we just need to research what is said and descide for our selfs. If it was not for the AA story about the walls of jericho and sounding of the horns I would not have started researching how sounds may be the missing link for several ancient devices.

No one group of people have the answers so why are people putting down these guys for bring there theorys forth.

Godfrey Daniel

In that other thread "Astronomy or Astrology" I stated how that Ancient Alien crew helps. Also I don't watch Survivor. It is the word Debuncked that is used here that should be talked about. When some on say the word debuncked they are saying "Expose the falseness or hollowness of (a myth, idea, or belief)." which is ment to stop convertions. I hear this every once and a while, That fact is fiction until it is proven not to be. So you are debuncking what they say but is "Skip" saying he is debunking Freemasoary also. Every myth, idea or beleif has some trouth we just need to research what is said and descide for our selfs. If it was not for the AA story about the walls of jericho and sounding of the horns I would not have started researching how sounds may be the missing link for several ancient devices.

No one group of people have the answers so why are people putting down these guys for bring there theorys forth.

Thus the admonition that we study Rhetoric and Logic. And in this case, I can't deny your logic. Nonetheless, I believe Giorgio is a huckster.

jvarnell

Premium Member
Thus the admonition that we study Rhetoric and Logic. And in this case, I can't deny your logic. Nonetheless, I believe Giorgio is a huckster.

Ya that hair dosen't help his case. I just always try to pick what littel truth there is out of any thing I am exposed too. Like trying to finding that needle in the hay stack of life.

Godfrey Daniel

Ya that hair dosen't help his case. I just always try to pick what littel truth there is out of any thing I am exposed too. Like trying to finding that needle in the hay stack of life.

Sure it does. You have to get all that hay out of the way if you are going to find that needle (even if you use a crystal-driven electro-magnet brought here from Alpha Centuari).

Isn't that what thinking logically does? Solving a problem is oftentimes a matter of subtraction (wheat from chaff), and in many cases, what you're left with is Occam's Razor.

jvarnell

Premium Member
Sure it does. You have to get all that hay out of the way if you are going to find that needle (even if you use a crystal-driven electro-magnet brought here from Alpha Centuari).

Isn't that what thinking logically does? Solving a problem is oftentimes a matter of subtraction (wheat from chaff), and in many cases, what you're left with is Occam's Razor.

Ya but I think I am going to use a tuned yagi antena the wave length of the needle and a oscillator built from a LM555HC to induce a voltage into the needle and then use a EMF meter to find it.

Godfrey Daniel

"Trying to Find That Needle in the Haystack of Life." I may be wrong, but there could be a chart-topping single there.

And I believe Ry Cooder started with "a oscillator built from a LM55HC", but wound up with "I'm itchin' like a man on a fuzzy tree."

Last edited:

widows son

Premium Member
Bro. Varnell please know that I'm not knocking down anything you believe in, I truly am not that kind of person. My whole thing with the ancient aliens is the credibility of the people who are displaying this info. Like Godfrey said, Giorgio and Von Daniken are laughing all the way to the bank. The show weird or what with bill shatner talks about outrageous mysteries,but always say that there's a good chance that the non mainstream theories are possibly false. Nowhere in AA is this said. I believe you are right with the fact there there ate shreds of truths in myths but this myth still needs to be scrutinized. Every possibility for these ancient structures are still theories. But some make more logical sense than others. Who knows, maybe mankind was pointed in the right direction a long time ago, by some unknown force. Or maybe we were just a lot more smart than we think we were, and had a lot of time, money and man power.

Godfrey Daniel

Bro. Varnell please know that I'm not knocking down anything you believe in, I truly am not that kind of person. My whole thing with the ancient aliens is the credibility of the people who are displaying this info. Like Godfrey said, Giorgio and Von Daniken are laughing all the way to the bank. The show weird or what with bill shatner talks about outrageous mysteries,but always say that there's a good chance that the non mainstream theories are possibly false. Nowhere in AA is this said. I believe you are right with the fact there there ate shreds of truths in myths but this myth still needs to be scrutinized. Every possibility for these ancient structures are still theories. But some make more logical sense than others. Who knows, maybe mankind was pointed in the right direction a long time ago, by some unknown force. Or maybe we were just a lot more smart than we think we were, and had a lot of time, money and man power.

Actually, I am of the opinion that Von Daniken is a true-believer. I read Chariots of the Gods years ago - he introduced me to the Maya and the Nazca Lines. Concerning the latter, I'm inclined to believe that those responsible for their creation were trying to communicate with their god(s), but I have no proof they weren't landing strips. With respect to the former, I guess we'll see at least some indication of the credibility of some theories 3 weeks from today.

Last edited:

jwhoff

Premium Member
Be sure you do it before 21-DEC-2012!

I'd hate to run out of time with Twinkies left on the table.

That would be a real "show stopper!"

:blink:

bjdeverell

Premium Member
For every 1 valid argument, there are at least 10 that are total nonsense. But it is a fun show at times. The "aliens and founding fathers" episode was wild. I know that most of the population could care less about history but they are alienating people like me that love it, by taking the history out of History Ch. It's a business and they've gotta do what they've gotta do to keep the station on the air; but I would prefer if more businesses and people still had that "you may take my life but not my integrity" mindset.

widows son

Premium Member
I agreed that they have no scientific basis for third show. They just wrote books that's it. I can write a book if wanted to. Just because someone writes a book doesn't mean their credible. Many people have written books on masonry and they've been completely wrong.