My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenges on the street

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Furthermore, the key words are "true brothers". I know y'all have heard the older generation say "long time ago if a man was caught wearing Masonic emblems and he's not a mason, something bad could happen." Heckler I was told this before I was raised. I remember clear as day a brother saying don't wear anything Masonic affiliated, because the wrong brother seeing it may try you and if you can't prove yourself then you could get himed up.whatever that meant.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
When I use to be apart of the Elks before I became a mason. I remember many freemasons would attend parties there. One night while I was there, I remember members of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity were there partying. Well, one of the masons was doing a lot of barking "one of their fraternities chants". I remember seeing a Omega guy fly across the room and start questioning this brother. This brother had been drinking and was just barking trying to impress the ladies. Well the Omegas didn't like it. They asked the brother multiple times to stop barking and he refused. They waited to he went to the restroom and roughed him up a little. The only thing that stoped him from getting hurt real bad was some of his Masonic brothers came to his aid and broke it up. See to me this is how gangs operate. I will not condom nor be apart of such behavior. Senseless. Every time I hear masons talking about taking a brothers belongings it reminds me of street gangs and Greek fraternities.

Last edited:

acjohnson53

I wouldn't put myself in a position to call myself a gang member, gang bangers caryy knives and guns and attempt to do bobily harm, Me as a Master Mason Spread Knowledge and Wisdom with the Attempt to spread Brotherly Love. Or as we say, Faith, Hope and Charity....Now in the open Lodge if a young Master Mason ask me a question I would try to answer his question as best I can...

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
I wouldn't put myself in a position to call myself a gang member, gang bangers caryy knives and guns and attempt to do bobily harm, Me as a Master Mason Spread Knowledge and Wisdom with the Attempt to spread Brotherly Love. Or as we say, Faith, Hope and Charity....Now in the open Lodge if a young Master Mason ask me a question I would try to answer his question as best I can...
That's what your suppose to do. Educate and spread brotherly love. Not defraud brothers.

acjohnson53

As I read in this forum it is intriguing how we forget that when we first became Master Masons we studied like the dickens to be proficient in our degrees to go the next level, and when we enter the Lodge we hear the same stuff all the time, so it becomes embedded in our mines on what's next, So I don't worry about it...I just go with flow...

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
I'm a member of both, and one of my GLs was four letter (outside of PHA, the number of letters doesn't matter).

Most clandestine lodges are four letter. They like to use it as a pretense to show that they are somehow legitimate. More of an issue in the Black community. (And no that is not racial).

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Most clandestine lodges are four letter. They like to use it as a pretense to show that they are somehow legitimate. More of an issue in the Black community. (And no that is not racial).
As I said, in the black community, Not in SGLs. See my sig line. We've got our own troubles, thanks

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
As I said, in the black community, Not in SGLs. See my sig line. We've got our own troubles, thanks

I was simply clarifying. I missed the part where you said in the Black community. You mentioned PHA. The point was that the bogus lodges use 4 letters often.