My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenges on the street

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I see where brother Bloke is coming from. I thought every regular freemason took the same obligation, but after joining this forum and reading a thread earlier last year I realized that was not so. I guess what bounds one brother, May not bound the other.
Very true. From what I have seen ritual and obligation can vary not only from country to country but from lodge to lodge in the same state.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Very true. From what I have seen ritual and obligation can vary not only from country to country but from lodge to lodge in the same state.
Indeed. Although it is kind of confusing, because I'd like to know the man that went through the same steps as me took the same obligation, I remind myself that this is one of the many things that makes freemasonry great and strong.

Bloke

Premium Member
Indeed. Although it is kind of confusing, because I'd like to know the man that went through the same steps as me took the same obligation, I remind myself that this is one of the many things that makes freemasonry great and strong.

They are going to be broadly the same... keep the secrets, be a good man, obey some sort of rules, be a brother to others. If you get someone on the web detailing how to give a sign or token, you can be sure he either has broken his obligation or is not a mason.

Hmmmmm... there is a tyled forum here, yes ? I really should join it to continue this conversation..

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
They are going to be broadly the same... keep the secrets, be a good man, obey some sort of rules, be a brother to others. If you get someone on the web detailing how to give a sign or token, you can be sure he either has broken his obligation or is not a mason.

Hmmmmm... there is a tyled forum here, yes ? I really should join it to continue this conversation..
I wouldn't even trust a tyled forum. We are taught against it on social networking sites.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
It varies, but having conferred in Utah and UGLE, seen a Scottish EA as late as last Tuesday, and seen others throughout the US, it is fairly similar. Indeed, on occasion , when someone is arrogant enough to direct us all to remember our obs., and I respond that the claimed limitation isn't in my ob., it really isn't in theirs either

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
At the forming of any tiled lodge meeting the charter is among other things that must be present
Ahh, got it. I usually understand better with simple pictures. :)

I didn't understand the Idea to be a tyled meeting, but simply a requirement that all be regular Masons.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
It varies, but having conferred in Utah and UGLE, seen a Scottish EA as late as last Tuesday, and seen others throughout the US, it is fairly similar. Indeed, on occasion , when someone is arrogant enough to direct us all to remember our obs., and I respond that the claimed limitation isn't in my ob., it really isn't in theirs either
Agreed. The wording may be a little different or the movements slightly different. but in the end the message is the same.

dfreybur

Premium Member
So what is Masonic Intercourse ?

Doing the stuff that will get you to pass a tiler into a tiled meeting. Whether it's to a tiler, at the altar at a degree, in private for instruction ...

The obligations say we are not to divulge our secrets but they do not say what those secrets are. Some brothers go majorly overboard by not asking what is and isn't secret. The amount that is secret varies by jurisdiction but it never extends to discussing fund raising events.

acjohnson53

Brothers I travel a lot in and out of airports Light shining bright, and I have been approached by many brothers spreading knowledge and wisdom, and like any true Brother they are always willing to assist a Brother, I don't ask who they are affiliated with, It's the Brotherly Love that spreaded...and if I see a distressed and worthy Brother I would do the same...

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Brothers I travel a lot in and out of airports Light shining bright, and I have been approached by many brothers spreading knowledge and wisdom, and like any true Brother they are always willing to assist a Brother, I don't ask who they are affiliated with, It's the Brotherly Love that spreaded...and if I see a distressed and worthy Brother I would do the same...
Can you elaborate on spending knowledge and wisdom ?