My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Destructive sw in line for WM

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
It happens, Brother.

Luckily it can't legally happen in my jurisdiction because the two Warden's seat leading up to the East have to be occupied before a man is even eligible to be elected as WM.
Ahh. Another difference. Many GLs only require you to have served as -a- warden of a regular lodge (I once had to correct an officious Deputy Grand Lecturer on that issue. He responded, "Well, I guess I will just sit down and shut up." He was not reappointed.

oldjumpmaster

I’m clearly late to this forum that has been generating since last summer, however, I’ll stir the pot. Though the vote/ballet did not go as you expected, I believe I would have to see it through. Your experience and knowledge clearly will become valuable to the newly elected brother or brothers regardless of the path to their position. Not all brothers have served in elected positions and for those that have should be honored to have done so, however, no one is guaranteed to move on. Take the experience you’ve gained and apply towards those you can positively impact. The betterment of the craft should always be uppermost in our commitment. We’ve been tried throughout our travels and this is no different. I remember early in our journey the words Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth. If I recall correctly it doesn’t state to do so only when convenient, but, we should promote one another’s welfare and be proud of each other’s prosperity/success by both speaking of it and believing it. This same brotherly love doesn’t stop at the door of the Lodge and if it truly exists should not allow for indecent, course or rude remarks of another brother. To leave or demit from your lodge is allowing for unfinished business to go undone. To walk away forfeits your opportunity to see your Lodge through difficult and challenging times. To say you’re concerned that an individual’s appointment will eventually close your Lodge, your leaving won’t assist with keeping it opened.

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
Brotherly love, relief and truth do not mean you must stay in a miserable situation. Perhaps the most loving thing is to leave the lodge. As master masons it is our privilege to work, receive wages, and travel. If there is no work for you at a job site the only logical step is to find work. At times this requires traveling to where the work is. Additionally what does the SW "generally" say at the beginning of a meeting? We should seek harmony in our Masonic life.

Levelhead

Premium Member
Well I already demitted from that lodge and I honestly I don't really care. I'm at the point now where I'm gonna be one of those Mason who I looked At never understood. One of those guys who wears a ring and just never goes to lodge . The guy i used to look at and tell them come on man we got to get together and go to lodge and enjoy brotherhood. But now I now understand that person I used to tell to come the lodge and they would look at me and say I have a been the lodge in over 20 years.

I now understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Well I already demitted from that lodge and I honestly I don't really care. I'm at the point now where I'm gonna be one of those Mason who I looked At never understood. One of those guys who wears a ring and just never goes to lodge . The guy i used to look at and tell them come on man we got to get together and go to lodge and enjoy brotherhood. But now I now understand that person I used to tell to come the lodge and they would look at me and say I have a been the lodge in over 20 years.

I now understand.
I really, really hate that it has gotten to this point Brother. Is there anything any of us here can do to help?

oldjumpmaster

Brotherly love, relief and truth do not mean you must stay in a miserable situation. Perhaps the most loving thing is to leave the lodge. As master masons it is our privilege to work, receive wages, and travel. If there is no work for you at a job site the only logical step is to find work. At times this requires traveling to where the work is. Additionally what does the SW "generally" say at the beginning of a meeting? We should seek harmony in our Masonic life.

That’s true, but it doesn’t allude to criticizing our brothers either. By the sounds of things and situation portrayed it seems that plenty of work is right there. We should seek harmony, but not at the expense of others. We are taught to contribute to the assistance of the troubled. I believe if it is worth talking about or asking for opinions, guidance or recommendations, it seems worth working through. Again, we may not like the current outcome but we joined something that is larger than ourselves and tainting our purpose with personal objections seems contradictory with our teachings. Virtue comes to mind as I’m typing.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
We are to enjoy our Freemasonry. If we are in a situation where that cannot occur, then not only do we have a right to leave, but a duty to do so if our unhappiness effects others. I withdrew from a grand line for that reason. I dreaded going to officer meetings, I was frustrated in the meetings, and I was grumpy after the meetings. Not much upside there.

Now, I will express my disappointment that our good brother has not chosen to affiliate elsewhere. I do believe that to be a duty, one explicitly expressed in some codes.

Last edited: