My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Degree?

Favorite Degree?

• EA

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • FC

Votes: 35 38.5%
  • MM

Votes: 32 35.2%

• Total voters

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Although for some brothers this may be true, for me I was taught against discussing what goes on in the lodge, and to me it would be violating my solemn obligation. There are multiple videos online that go into detail who he was.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Although for some brothers this may be true, for me I was taught against discussing what goes on in the lodge, and to me it would be violating my solemn obligation. There are multiple videos online that go into detail who he was.
Same here. I'm not sure about all of the things that I can / cannot discuss about ritual. Therefore, I do not discuss it outside of lodge unless it is with someone that I know for a fact is a Mason.

dfreybur

Premium Member
If possible -- could you, please, tell&describe this Event, sir?

You have mentioned that you are not a member of our family but that you are interested in becoming one. As such you should not read about the content of the degrees. It spoils the surprise and reduces the emotional impact.

I just heard that Rituals are not counted as "masonic secrets".

They contain some of the theoretical secrets and each jurisdiction has its own rules for how much detail is allowed to be revealed to outsiders.

Bloke

Premium Member
If possible -- could you, please, tell&describe this Event, sir?
I just heard that Rituals are not counted as "masonic secrets".

I don't see myself necessarily bound by my obligation on this on (obligations vary, but i think to explain all is not within the spirit of them ). Certainly our GL works with a fairly open approach. Here, the general consensus is you are correct, 'ritual' is not secret.

That said, masonry calls you to be courteous. To start a conversation around this would make my brothers on posts above uncomfortable, and i am not going to do that without a decent reason. There will be no profit or pleasure in it, even for the questioner who should discover rather than be told these lessons...

Even if those posts were not there, i probably would not get into this. Freemasonry is a progressive, (initially at least) linear , subjective and a journey. You're asking about the final degree journey in the craft, without the context or understanding of those prior. Trying to unpack that box before you've opened the first two would sell short those presents and the craft in particular.

If you are qualified, begin the journey with faith.

R

Ressam

You have mentioned that you are not a member of our family but that you are interested in becoming one. As such you should not read about the content of the degrees. It spoils the surprise and reduces the emotional impact.

They contain some of the theoretical secrets and each jurisdiction has its own rules for how much detail is allowed to be revealed to outsiders.

Thanks for the answer, Sir.

R

Ressam

I don't see myself necessarily bound by my obligation on this on (obligations vary, but i think to explain all is not within the spirit of them ). Certainly our GL works with a fairly open approach. Here, the general consensus is you are correct, 'ritual' is not secret.

That said, masonry calls you to be courteous. To start a conversation around this would make my brothers on posts above uncomfortable, and i am not going to do that without a decent reason. There will be no profit or pleasure in it, even for the questioner who should discover rather than be told these lessons...

Even if those posts were not there, i probably would not get into this. Freemasonry is a progressive, (initially at least) linear , subjective and a journey. You're asking about the final degree journey in the craft, without the context or understanding of those prior. Trying to unpack that box before you've opened the first two would sell short those presents and the craft in particular.

If you are qualified, begin the journey with faith.

Thanks for your explanation!!!

Can I ask 1 thing.
What is more important for a mason -- meetings in The Lodge or meetings in "profane/normal/usual" Life?

R

Ressam

Have you petitioned a lodge ?

Thank You, Honorable Gentlemen!
It's such a pleasure & honour to communicate with such a great, clever & funny people!
I don't know. I think, I'm not suitable for Freemasonry.
I'm researching now!
I thought & made serious decision to give a petition on -- March 1'st 2018. That's my Plan.

Bloke

Premium Member
Thanks for your explanation!!!

Can I ask 1 thing.
What is more important for a mason -- meetings in The Lodge or meetings in "profane/normal/usual" Life?

I think you will get different answers, but my opinion is what happens in lodge helps you in the "profane/normal/usual" life. Freemasonry is one of several tools our world offers us to understand it and to live in it. In some ways, going to lodge is withdrawing from the world in order to live better in it. I think you need to live life, not always been withdrawn from it.. My response doesnt directly answer your question, but I am sure obtusely does..

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Thank You, Honorable Gentlemen!
It's such a pleasure & honour to communicate with such a great, clever & funny people!
I don't know. I think, I'm not suitable for Freemasonry.
I'm researching now!
I thought & made serious decision to give a petition on -- March 1'st 2018. That's my Plan.
Question, what makes you believe your not suitable ?

Emjaysmash

מחפש כל האור
Premium Member
Thanks for your question, Sir!
I just need Time.
Good luck on your journey! I do hope you find yourself ready in the proper time!

Back to the OP, while the MM is always entertaining, the EA was definitely more emotional for me.

dfreybur

Premium Member
I think -- I'm not ready.

Most men when asked about when they petitioned report they wish they had petitioned earlier. Go ahead and petition now. The only preparation you need is in your heart - A willingness to trust that your friend who sponsors/mentors you went through the same thing and will take good care of you.

Education is plentiful as you progress. No need to wait.

R

Ressam

Most men when asked about when they petitioned report they wish they had petitioned earlier. Go ahead and petition now. The only preparation you need is in your heart - A willingness to trust that your friend who sponsors/mentors you went through the same thing and will take good care of you.

Education is plentiful as you progress. No need to wait.

Big Thanks for your advise, Mr.Doug!!!
I'm very-very appreciated!