Freemasonry needs to ditch 1950s attitudes

Discussion in 'Masonic Blogs' started by Bloke, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Which landmarks would those be? Mackey? Pound? Whatever list a particular GL makes up?

As to belief in Deity, I would not confuse feminine Freemasonry and coed Freemasonry

Bloke likes this.
  2. David612

David612 Registered User

Male, female, trans, non binary what ever it’s not really the point, the issue of declining membership isn’t because there are too few good men in the world, declining membership is our own fault and undoing the foundations of the organisation isn’t the answer.

3. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

>declining membership is our own fault

I understand that Freemasonry is expanding in France. As French Masonry is less based on Judao-Christian traditions it may be more in tune with the decline in religious beliefs.

Certainly it appears to me that God is a cultural concept that is not relevant to many spiritual people including Buddhists and quite a few Deep Greens.

4. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I think to consider admitting women to address a failing membership is very faulted - one of the great things about is that if offers a rare healthy male space in the modern world and that's extremely valuable. Some confuse that with misogyny, but we know much better and how important women are to Freemasonry. Last night at the Shrine, the secretary's wife was working just as hard as he was to organise food and raffles and general admin matters.

Understand. And a great point. I guess I just feel its disrespectful to keep putting female freemasonry down because it does not comply with what our idea of "Freemasonry" is. Not saying you are doing that Brother Warrior, just that I hear it too often. Many once said that about our Prince Hall Brothers but perhaps more simularly, it's like saying your Christian Church is worthless because it is not my Church. I think organisations like the Honourable Order of Women Freemasons deserve our respect, even if we would object to sitting in a tyler lodge with them (as they would us).

I wholeheartedly agree, but is there any traditional "regular" list which does not mention Freemasonry as a Fraternity which admits men only ? Is there any GL which decided to admit women and lost or was unable to obtain recognition from UGLE is which is often seen as the Gold Standard for recognition ?

An very important point.

Female Freemasonry is clearly irregular, but that does not make it an invalid. Its a strong and proud tradition.

Let's also remember the blog I posted is the thoughts of one Brother and not an official position.

Just as the original writer and Bro Jones says, bullying is bad. Bad for men, bad for lodges and just bad !

None thing's for sure,

Warrior1256 likes this.
  5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I totally understand. We simply view this matter differently. We can disagree without being disagreeable, lol.

Bloke and David612 like this.
  6. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Indeed my Friend and Brother :)

We learn nothing if we're just in an echo chamber hearing back what we already believe.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  7. Warrior1256

Exactly!

Bloke likes this.
  8. LK600

LK600 Premium Member

Personally, I see no need to admit women to a Fraternal organization. If I wanted that, I have dozen's upon dozen's of other co-ed organizations to go to. I do not mind (not that it matters if I did) if other's who are NOT our Freemasonry make up their own, as long as they do not portray themselves as us. There seems to be a small but persistent effort by a small number of people to push this agenda for whatever reason. I will never agree to it and that's all she wrote on that subject.

What's that old saying... Remember, you are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

Warrior1256, Bloke and JJones like this.
  9. JamestheJust

>I see no need to admit women to a Fraternal organization

What then is the function of the FPoF?

10. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

11. JJones

JJones Moderator Staff Member

I don't see how the FPOF are relevant?

LK600 and Glen Cook like this.
  12. Ripcord22A

Disregard I figured it out and I’m with JJones......don’t see their relevance here

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

13. Warrior1256

Spot on! We have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about because we want to remain a men only organization!

Bill Lins and LK600 like this.
  14. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

You tell us....

Ripcord22A likes this.
  15. JamestheJust

>You tell us....

There you have an important remanent of the ancient mysteries. Its inner function is quite different from that of the Triple Grip even though they look very similar.

Here is one of the earliest depictions - the founders of China with S&C, Sun, Moon and stars and 10 planets!

[​IMG]

You can deduce the nature of the FPoF from that.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  16. Ripcord22A

No I can’t.....please tell me. You always do this James....you come in and comment with some veiled comment and ask us the meaning but never give your thoughts
    You always answer with more veil..... so please finally answer with out the Veil of James

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Warrior1256 likes this.
  17. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

I feel you, I do. But this is likely less about FPoF than it is likely more about the Kaballah and Tree of Life. I see basically no f2f... k2k; maybe.... cst2cst not really at all....mt2e or ck2ck not at all. As for the 10 planets and two individuals, to me this represents more duality/fem or masc/good or evil, geburah/chesed, severity/mercy etc, 10 sephiroths, I also count (questionably, I counted them no less than a dozen times and got something different nearly everytime!) 72 'planets' and this is likely in reference to Jacob's Ladder among other things.

As for females in Masonry, are you saying we should allow them for duality purposes or we should NOT allow them to join because the cst2cst part might be a bit awkward?

EDIT My apologies, hd2bk I don' see either but more sharing of shoulders due to being conjoined...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  18. JamestheJust

19. JJones

JJones Moderator Staff Member

*facepalm*

You're doing that thing again, James.

It's more like a rabbit hole.

Are you suggesting that we should allow women into the fraternity because of the duality of nature?

Warrior1256 likes this.
  20. JamestheJust

>You always answer with more veil.

There is a reason that the remaining genuine secrets are veiled. What might that be?

Share My Freemasonry