Gorgeous Aprons

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Blake Bowden, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

2. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Wow! Those aprons are very nice indeed!

3. ljlinson1206

ljlinson1206 Premium Member Premium Member

Really Nice Aprons. Would anyone wear them in Lodge though? I think I would.

4. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

ugh, expensive. i'm totally going to start making aprons. anyone wanna place the first order of 5? 10 bucks each, classic lambskin (leather).

5. cambridgemason

cambridgemason Premium Member Premium Member

have looked at his work b4, and being a curator of masonic collectables, they are painted with the same style as were the aprons of the mid to late 1700's. he does great work. Been thinkin of buying one myself, but my GL does not allow it to be worn, just nice to own one.

6. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

oh, btw, i didn't mean to detract from the fact that they are amazing aprons, i'm just saying they are expensive.

7. Nate Riley

Nate Riley Premium Member

To my knowledge you can't in Texas.

8. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Yup.

9. Scotty32

Scotty32 Registered User

I talked to one of the veteran bros. & thought about making one designed out of ACUs with rifle casings placed to form a S&C

10. Texas_Justice85

Texas_Justice85 Registered User

I would probably wear them to Lobster or crawfish night

11. Smokey613

Smokey613 Registered User

To me, this is the finest looking apron I have ever seen. It's the one presented to me when I was raised.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  12. Smokey613

Smokey613 Registered User

Would it be proper for everyone to pics of say the WM's apron from their lodges? I think it would interesting to see the variety, even though there are GL guidelines pertaining to their design and form.

13. Nate Riley

Nate Riley Premium Member

So mote it be! I think the decorated ones are cool and I am not opposed to decorated aprons. But when you consider what the lambskin represents, prefer white. Now, I saw one a while back that had a nice design, but with all white embroidery. I would like to have one with the symbol/S&C from The Man Who Would be King with white embroidery.

Does the WM have any choice/options on his? Or do they have to be the standard white with blue designs and borders? I don't really like those, they are to stiff. I am just a steward, so every now and then I try to get in with a plain white, but there is one guy who always says "boy, go put the right apron on".

Share My Freemasonry