My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to choose the path after MM

BullDozer Harrell

After I get raised I'm going to look into going into the York Rite. I've heard they have beautiful degrees!
Respectfully there's a trend in Masonry called, "Microwave Masonry Mania". It's taken the place of slow & steady progression through the Masonic degrees and enjoying the Blue Lodge.

There are cautionary stories to be told about men who jumped onto the Microwave Masonry Mania wagon. Apparently these men used their Blue Lodge simply as a gateway to the appendant bodies of Masonry.

Don't become a Microwaved Master Mason.

Tyler Atkinson

Respectfully there's a trend in Masonry called, "Microwave Masonry Mania". It's taken the place of slow & steady progression through the Masonic degrees and enjoying the Blue Lodge.

There are cautionary stories to be told about men who jumped onto the Microwave Masonry Mania wagon. Apparently these men used their Blue Lodge simply as a gateway to the appendant bodies of Masonry.

Don't become a Microwaved Master Mason.
I agree with you 100%. Just looking to improve my knowledge of Masonry.

JanneProeliator

Is it an option to just stay as a MM at the blue lodge?
If one does not want to further their studies of freemasonry in other bodies is there more depth and learning in side the nlue lodge for those first three degrees?

Again I'm sorry if my broken english.

David Duke

Premium Member
You will have a lifetime of learning at the blue lodge the key is to apply yourself to perfecting your ashlar.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Elexir

If one does not want to further their studies of freemasonry in other bodies is there more depth and learning in side the nlue lodge for those first three degrees?

You should have that luxury as your GL only has the first three degrees. The rest is done by other masonic bodies.

Have you talked with other Brothers from Finland? Otherwis you should as there are diffrences between our juristictions.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member

One could spend a lifetime studying the work of a Fellowcraft.
There is no requirement to join appendant or concordant bodies and occasionally you find someone who hasn't...

BullDozer Harrell

Jumbled english aside, i get the gist of your questions.

My opinion is that Brothers need to relearn our Blue Lodges and fall back in love with them. It's almost like Blue Lodges are treated like rushed marriages. There's a brief courting, a wedding and very short honeymoon before we start to look beyond them towards the so-called higher bodies.

The attraction of things beyond the 3 degrees is real but maybe sapping the energies we would be better to spend making stronger Blue Lodges. Just my opinion.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
It's almost like Blue Lodges are treated like rushed marriages. There's a brief courting, a wedding and very short honeymoon before we start to look beyond them towards the so-called higher bodies.
I know what you mean. Some Brothers join the Blue Lodge simply as a means to join an appendant body.