My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Join?

Brazilian Apprentice

I've been relocated with to US (Houston) in an internal transfer in my company under the visa L1 in March 2018. Is it necessary to wait 6 months for me to visit a lodge and present a petition? Thanks

hfmm97

Premium Member
Unless you have been initiated as an entered apprentice mason you CANNOT use that word to refer to yourself! You should change your name to something other than apprentice

Since Texas works in English, you would have to be proficient in English (particularly spoken with minimal accent).

Joining the lodge is not something you can do if you are only here for a short while- it takes from 6 months to 1 year to be a mason in Texas

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

dfreybur

Premium Member
I've been relocated with to US (Houston) in an internal transfer in my company under the visa L1 in March 2018. Is it necessary to wait 6 months for me to visit a lodge and present a petition? Thanks

You must be a Texas resident for 6 months or more before your petition will be accepted.

In the meantime start going to the part of the meeting that is open to the public for the Brothers to get to know you. They will generally need to know you in person for several months before signing your petition. May as well start that part of the process now.

Mark Petro

That's what I plan to do. I am not a Mason, but I hope to be. I plan on attending several Lodge pre-meeting dinners. I want the members to get to know me. Only by building relationships and friendships among the members would I ever hope to proceed further.

Sent from my LGL83BL using My Freemasonry mobile app

Torres

I’m currently in Afghanistan “KAF” I’m wanting to join a lodge is there any active lodges? I’m from Texas would that make a difference when I leave from here to find a lodge to go home to?

Dylan Whitehead

Hello Brethren,

I am currently living in New York, NY and would love the opportunity to join and continue my education within Freemasonry. If there is anyone who can help me get in contact with a New York Freemason I would be much appreciative of your time.

-Dylan

hfmm97

Premium Member
Google Grand Lodge New York and this website should help you find the closest lodge to where you live/work.

Then find the meeting day and time and show up about an hour beforehand.

hfmm97

Premium Member
I think that unless you have access to a military base, Freemasonry might be ILLEGAL in Qatar as in many (if not most) countries with a Muslim majority-Freemasonry is falsely accused of being pro Zionist and anti-Islam which is false because Freemasonry is not a political organization

hfmm97

Premium Member
In case you weren't aware, Freemasonry can cost a considerable amount of money and take between 1 to 3 years to be a full Master Mason (if you're not a member) and will give you only the opportunity for self-improvement (no monetary or influential rewards)