My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Join?

Resha El Jean Bey

I've been living in Boston, Ma for the past 3 years. It's been somewhat hard running into a PH mason I've meet one who is a PM he told me to come by the grand lodge that week in which i did when I got there I meet another fellow who ask to which lodge would I want to join at this point I was caught off guard thinking that I could just ask to join but it really came down to who I know that can petition for me. I really want to become a mason I came to the thought that I belong to the craft and not to which what was given

Keith C

I've been living in Boston, Ma for the past 3 years. It's been somewhat hard running into a PH mason I've meet one who is a PM he told me to come by the grand lodge that week in which i did when I got there I meet another fellow who ask to which lodge would I want to join at this point I was caught off guard thinking that I could just ask to join but it really came down to who I know that can petition for me. I really want to become a mason I came to the thought that I belong to the craft and not to which what was given

I suggest you look at the GL website and find a few lodges near where you live or work. There should be contact information for the Secretary of each lodge. Contact them and tell them you are interested in learning more about joining the Fraternity. At that point they will likely invite you to a dinner before a meeting where you will get to meet them members. Go to several dinners at each lodge (over several months.) As you get to know the members of these lodges it should become clear to you which one you want to join. At that point enough of the brother should know you that when you ask for a petition, several will be willing to sign it.

Bloke

Premium Member
I suggest you look at the GL website and find a few lodges near where you live or work. There should be contact information for the Secretary of each lodge. Contact them and tell them you are interested in learning more about joining the Fraternity. At that point they will likely invite you to a dinner before a meeting where you will get to meet them members. Go to several dinners at each lodge (over several months.) As you get to know the members of these lodges it should become clear to you which one you want to join. At that point enough of the brother should know you that when you ask for a petition, several will be willing to sign it.

Bro Keith - is this the correct regular PHGL web site in MA ?
http://www.princehall.org/

LK600

Premium Member
I tried contacting the grand master Mason here in the Philippines but there is no response. I really wanted to join, can I just join here please?
This is a forum for people to interact, not a Grand Lodge. You will need to double your efforts locally. Best of luck to you.

Omarinlo

Dear brothers,, I lived in Canada for 6 years and went hundreds of times to the lodge but the doors always had been closed or I was at the wrong time. However, I came back to my country 4 years ago for work and studying reasons but I still have a memorable freemasonary sword and a flag. Unfortunately, performing any freemasonary practices in the country is forbidden. So I am wondering if there is a chance to become one and a value added to the community through you guys.

Thank you,,

dfreybur

Premium Member
Dear brothers,, I lived in Canada for 6 years and went hundreds of times to the lodge but the doors always had been closed or I was at the wrong time.

Most lodges in North America list the meeting time on their door or on line. It should have been easy to figure out when to show up to introduce yourself. Maybe the building you went to is no longer in use by any lodge but still has the square and compasses on display.

However, I came back to my country 4 years ago for work and studying reasons but I still have a memorable freemasonary sword and a flag. Unfortunately, performing any freemasonary practices in the country is forbidden. So I am wondering if there is a chance to become one and a value added to the community through you guys.

Thank you,,

We teach our Brothers to be obedient citizens of their just governments. Since we are banned in your country it's better that you be active working to make your laws more mild. But be careful to not be extreme enough in this to put yourself in danger. Be like the ocean waves on the beach.

Or try again should you return to Canada permanently. But because of the obedient citizen teaching, I am dubious you should do so as a long term visitor who intends to return home.

Paulukwuteno

Hello!!!
Good day.. Please I desperately want to join the masonary, but I don't know how well I base in ghana and I don't know how to go about please any member here should please help me out I'd be so grateful sincerely I can't wait to be a member of this great and wonderful commission . Here's my email address :enyojoukwuteno@gmail.com
Phone number /whatsapp :+2348032791463/+233203341574.please will be waiting for your reply thank you so much!!!

hfmm97

Premium Member
Hello!!!
Good day.. Please I desperately want to join the masonary, but I don't know how well I base in ghana and I don't know how to go about please any member here should please help me out I'd be so grateful sincerely I can't wait to be a member of this great and wonderful commission . Here's my email address :enyojoukwuteno@gmail.com
Phone number /whatsapp :+2348032791463/+233203341574.please will be waiting for your reply thank you so much!!!

Why do you want to be a mason? You will have to spend money and a considerable amount of time to become a mason even if you are accepted - you need to contact Grand Lodge of Ghana yourself (check on Google) and explain what YOU can DO for Freemasonry. You will NOT become wealthy NOR powerful - that’s a MYTH

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Paulukwuteno

Hello!!!
Phone number /whatsapp :+2348032791463/+233203341574.please will be waiting for your r
Why do you want to be a mason? You will have to spend money and a considerable amount of time to become a mason even if you are accepted - you need to contact Grand Lodge of Ghana yourself (check on Google) and explain what YOU can DO for Freemasonry. You will NOT become wealthy NOR powerful - that’s a MYTH

Alright cool but am still interested in joining the mason, sir please can we talk like privately so you'd tell me more about the mason thank you..

hfmm97

Premium Member
Hello!!!
Phone number /whatsapp :+2348032791463/+233203341574.please will be waiting for your r

Alright cool but am still interested in joining the mason, sir please can we talk like privately so you'd tell me more about the mason thank you..

I’m in Texas - there is nothing I could do or would want to do for you - you need to make a local contact

Saintmon

Joining Freemasonry requires that a man, of his own free will, petition a Masonic Lodge for the Degrees in Masonry. No Texas Mason should ever ask you to join our fraternity.

Below are the general steps that a man seeking membership in Freemasonry may consider. Lodges will likely have their own procedures, but this will help you get started and give you a better understanding of the process.

Ask for Information
If you know a Mason, ask him about the fraternity. Don't be shy, we love talking to those interested in Masonry. If you don't know a Mason, .

Visit the Lodge
Try to find out if there is a good time for you to visit the lodge. Take this as an opportunity to meet some of the members and ask questions. Don't be intimidated, they'll be happy to see you. Most lodges have dinner before their regular stated meetings (meetings usually occur monthly) and guests are almost always welcome. In many areas more than one lodge may exist. Visit as many as you can, get a feeling for the lodges you visit and pick the one that best meets your needs.

Request a Petition
Request a petition from a Mason or from the lodge you would like to join. Your petition will require the signature of several Masons. If you don't know any Masons, ask the lodge you're petitioning for advice.

Submit Your Petition
Turn in your completed petition to the lodge you would like to join. Ask if there are any fees that need to accompany the petition. Your petition will be received by the lodge and will be read during a stated meeting.

Now that the lodge has your petition, these are the actions you can expect the lodge to take:

The Investigation
The Master of the lodge you submitted your petition to will assign three members of the lodge to interview you and investigate your background. The investigators may want to meet with you at home. There is a standard set of questions that all investigators must ask, but many will ask additional questions. Be honest with the investigators. No Mason is perfect...we don't expect petitioners to be perfect, either.

The Ballot
Your investigators will be given a deadline by which to return their completed investigation reports to the lodge. Their reports along with their recommendation will be read to the lodge at a stated meeting. At this time, the Master of the lodge will usually call for a ballot to be taken on your petition. Eligible Masons will then vote on your petition and the outcome of the ballot will be announced to the lodge.

After the Ballot
Soon after the stated meeting, a member from the lodge should contact you with the outcome of the ballot and provide you with additional instructions.
Good day. Please how can I contact a lodge in Nigeria.