My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have received 6 Blackballs

Randy See

I have received 6 Blackballs
The reason for my blackballing is because someone from the other lodge has complained about me.

What can I do to join again?
Do I have to ask permission from the lodge I was blackballed in that i would be joining another lodge?
Thank you

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
These questions depend on what jurisdiction that you are in. Contact the Grand Lodge over your area and ask them.

dfreybur

Premium Member
How do you know how many black balls were received ?

Be sure that the answer is written taking into account that it is forbidden to tell or ask your vote and that the report is never other than positive or negative.

Thus the only possible way is to petition 6 times. If I'd been turned down I would have been sad for a week then I would have joined the Elks.

CLewey44

Yeah, it sounds like it's just not going to happen with this lodge. You could try others or other groups, as Bro. Doug said, the Elks, Lions something like that. Would you like to share why it is they are voting nay on you?

-I edited my piss poor grammar there lol.-

Last edited:

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
How do you know how many black balls were received ?
Be sure that the answer is written taking into account that it is forbidden to tell or ask your vote and that the report is never other than positive or negative.
This one slid right by me.
Yeah, it sounds like it's just not going to happen with this lodge.
Agreed.
Would you like to share why it is they are voting you nay on you?
I would be interested in this answer also.

jgil1970

Here in TX, upon an unfavorable ballot, the WM says how many years the person is barred from joining. 3 Black Balls is one year, 4 is 2, etc. If this person was told how long they are barred for, it could be an easy deduction to figure out how many black balls they received.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Here in TX, upon an unfavorable ballot, the WM says how many years the person is barred from joining. 3 Black Balls is one year, 4 is 2, etc. If this person was told how long they are barred for, it could be an easy deduction to figure out how many black balls they received.
Ah, o.k. Didn't know this. Here in Kentucky you must wait 12 months to re-petition if a ballot to elect to membership is negative regardless of the number of black cubes.

Last edited:

Bloke

Premium Member
Ah, o.k. Didn't know this. Here in Kentucky you must wait 12 months to re-petition if a ballot to elect to membership is negative regardless of the number of black cubes.
The number of black balls is not disclosed, it is a simple yes or no. I've never seen anyone back balled, but have seen applications withdrawn in the expectation they would not be succesful. I had to look the (UGLV) rule up, not knowing it, but here it is

The Master of every Lodge in which a candidate has been withdrawn, blackballed, or not balloted for within a period of six months from the date of his being proposed shall immediately report the fact to the Grand Secretary, who shall place the matter on file. No candidate for initiation who has been blackballed in any Lodge shall be proposed for initiation or joining in the same or any other Lodge within a period of six months from such rejection. A Lodge may, however, resolve that a further period shall elapse before any rejected candidate can again be proposed in that Lodge

I would check a withdrawal out, but I seen it happen several times simply because a candidate moved or got a new job and the lodge he was petitioning no longer suited him. A negative vote is another matter, I'd be spending a lot of time on that to fully understand the circumstances... and would be expecting to have official GL correspondence on the matter before the application appeared on the summons, much less being voted on.

Randy has not come back, but Warrior's initial response and advice is probably the best - all the rest is chat between us comparing differences..

rpbrown

Premium Member
It's obviously made up. The reason for the rejection is the application was fictional. As such the person is unqualified for membership due to not being of sound mind. A troll.

I have to agree. He hasn't been on the forum since posting his question and appears to have been his only post.

BullDozer Harrell

It's obviously made up. The reason for the rejection is the application was fictional. As such the person is unqualified for membership due to not being of sound mind. A troll.
You hit it right on the head of possibilities. He has too much information about a private ballot which he wasn't supposed to have known any particulars about how many votes were cast unfavorably.

Sent from my SM-T377P using My Freemasonry mobile app

okielabrat

Whatever the circumstances, it looks like he earned every single one of those blackballs. There has to be something in his background that the lodge to which he petitioned didn't like, or it could have been how he conducted himself when the screening committee interviewed him. And quoting the number of blackballs........as the others have said, how would he have known, unless he's just spouting off something off the top of his head?

Oh well, moving on............

Randy See

Sorry I've been busy with work .
I got blackballed 6 times in a single ballot by a certain lodge to clarify the queries . The reason why I know is because my friends inside the lodge told me . Whether it be true or not . They were the one who told me that 6 masters blackballed me . I did not ask why nor did I ask who . But the reason for me being blackballed is because someone from a different lodge complained that I was his gfs ex .

Thomas Stright

Premium Member
The reason why I know is because my friends inside the lodge told me . Whether it be true or not . They were the one who told me that 6 masters blackballed me .

Unless your "friends" are the JW, SW or WM, there is absolutely no way they know. As those 3 are the only ones that check the ballot box.
Any any that would disclose the number of blackballs do not deserve to sit in their respective chairs.

Randy See

They are the junior Warden and worshipful master.
They told me I was blackballed 6 times and that I am not welcome anymore to join their fellowship dinners