I have seen the Star in the East

Discussion in 'Order of the Eastern Star' started by Bro. Stewart P.M., Feb 26, 2009.

1. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Staff Member

Okay, here's a starting thread...

Who here amongst us are members of the Order of the Eastern Star??

I AM!

2. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

I am NOT and will NOT be until my wife decides she wants to join...

3. cmoreno85tx

cmoreno85tx Registered User

Same here.... and once I get a wife that is

Bro. S.Brown likes this.
  4. js4253

js4253 Premium Member Premium Member

I joined but have not been able to attend due to conflicting meeting times.

5. Gerald.Harris

Gerald.Harris Premium Member Premium Member

Me too, I'm a member. It is fun to go to a chapter and observe. Most of the chapters I have attended, do good work with their ritual. They do get long winded on introductions and discussions on occasion, but the meetings are generally fun and you get to spend it with beautiful ladies.

ej6267 likes this.
  6. Bro. Stewart P.M.

I agree totally!

7. Joey

Joey Co-Founder Staff Member

I just petitioned Gonzales Chapter #403. :cool:

8. Bro. Stewart P.M.

That is awesome news!!

9. TCShelton

TCShelton Founding Member Premium Member

+1.

10. Bro. Kurt

Bro. Kurt 2017 DDGM 14G Premium Member

Bro. Stewart

I need to get a petition from you for my mother.... I'm posting this to put a bug in your ear because I may forget to ask when I see you next...

Thanks

11. JEbeling

JEbeling Guest

I have been drug to the star in the east.. !

Wife is Sec.. !

She has a great time with it .. ! so I joined to help her.. ! like our lodges the star chapter need younger members.. !

12. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Ya know some of you all make OES sound like pure torture. Its not that horrible boys.

13. david918

david918 Premium Member

Are you saying that you are a youngster bro Jack:D

14. JEbeling

JEbeling Guest

well no I am an old dog.. ! but in chapter I am very young.. ! hehe.. !

No being very serious.. ! those in Chapter will tell you that it is not doubt that it is a masonic order. My wife has been in Chapter for 25+ years and I only joined about a year ago.. ! I have enjoyed my time being in Chapter and wish more Masons and their wives would join.. ! The women do a very good job with Chapter and work hard at keeping it going.. ! your wives, mothers and daughters will enjoy the time spent and like the lodge will meet a bunch of very nice people.. !

15. Joey

Joey Co-Founder Staff Member

Well, tonight's the night! I am getting initiated into Gonzales Chapter #403 at 6:30 this evening. :cool:

16. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Quick question, how many of you have kids? I'll join OES if my wife does, but since we have children it's virtually impossible for us fully to commit to this organization. Someone has to stay home and watch the kiddos.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  17. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Debra and I have kids ages 7 & 6 and its usually impossible for us both to be able to attend and support OES fully. What usually happens is she goes and I watch the kids unless there is an initiation or special event and we get a sitter. This will soon change as Debra seems to be placed into a 3 year plan meaning I have about a year before I will be sitting in the West and East with her.

On a side note, several of the members have offered to have us bring the kids to the meetings and let them sit in the dining hall with the Sentinal (Tiler). Neither of us have had to do this yet but it is a viable option.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
  18. Vic Christenson

Vic Christenson Registered User

I am a member of the Order. I am a Past Patron of Waelder Chapter NO. 1023 & present Worthy Patron of Gonzales Chapter No. 403. While my Masonic work will always come first, I enjoy the fellowship and the lessons taught by the Eastern Star. Besides the ladies know how to provide a very nice meal.
    I was fortunate to be at Brother Joey's initiation. Hope more Brothers will at least consider the Star and look into what the Order is really about.
    Vic
    PM Hopkinnsville Lodge NO 183 & Flatonia Lodge NO. 436
    member of Moulton Lodge. NO 298

19. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Good info! Yeah something like that would be the only way we could both participate.

20. Dana

Dana Registered User

Just a suggestion,,, but why not hire Rainbow girls to watch the kids at the lodge. In Fort Worth we use to baby sit for the Scottish Rite and the Shrine when they had things to do. The nice part was that the girls played with the kids but there were adults right there too just in case. It was a nice fundraiser for us and the kids got to see what mom and dad were doing more or less.
    Rainbow and Demolay's are always looking for a way to earn extra cash to off set moey going out of their pocket for things like Grand and Conclave, and if you have small kids there are bound to be others in the same boat. The lack of child care kept me away from OES, I pay my dues but don't go to the meetings and now don't have time with my girls active in Rainbow and my son in Demolay. With the kids if you feed them they will come. With younger couples wanting to be active in OES provide child care and they will come.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
    BroBook likes this.

Share My Freemasonry