My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have seen the Star in the East

Gerald.Harris

Premium Member
Premium Member
Me too, I'm a member. It is fun to go to a chapter and observe. Most of the chapters I have attended, do good work with their ritual. They do get long winded on introductions and discussions on occasion, but the meetings are generally fun and you get to spend it with beautiful ladies.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Me too, I'm a member. It is fun to go to a chapter and observe. Most of the chapters I have attended, do good work with their ritual. They do get long winded on introductions and discussions on occasion, but the meetings are generally fun and you get to spend it with beautiful ladies.

I agree totally!

Bro. Kurt P.M.

2018 14G DCO
Premium Member
Bro. Stewart

I need to get a petition from you for my mother.... I'm posting this to put a bug in your ear because I may forget to ask when I see you next...

Thanks

J

JEbeling

I have been drug to the star in the east.. !

Wife is Sec.. !

She has a great time with it .. ! so I joined to help her.. ! like our lodges the star chapter need younger members.. !

david918

Premium Member
I have been drug to the star in the east.. !

Wife is Sec.. !

She has a great time with it .. ! so I joined to help her.. ! like our lodges the star chapter need younger members.. !

Are you saying that you are a youngster bro Jack:D

J

JEbeling

well no I am an old dog.. ! but in chapter I am very young.. ! hehe.. !

No being very serious.. ! those in Chapter will tell you that it is not doubt that it is a masonic order. My wife has been in Chapter for 25+ years and I only joined about a year ago.. ! I have enjoyed my time being in Chapter and wish more Masons and their wives would join.. ! The women do a very good job with Chapter and work hard at keeping it going.. ! your wives, mothers and daughters will enjoy the time spent and like the lodge will meet a bunch of very nice people.. !

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Quick question, how many of you have kids? I'll join OES if my wife does, but since we have children it's virtually impossible for us fully to commit to this organization. Someone has to stay home and watch the kiddos.

Last edited:

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Quick question, how many of you have kids? I'll join OES if my wife does, but since we have children it's virtually impossible for us fully to commit to this organization. Someone has to stay home and watch the kiddos.

Debra and I have kids ages 7 & 6 and its usually impossible for us both to be able to attend and support OES fully. What usually happens is she goes and I watch the kids unless there is an initiation or special event and we get a sitter. This will soon change as Debra seems to be placed into a 3 year plan meaning I have about a year before I will be sitting in the West and East with her.

On a side note, several of the members have offered to have us bring the kids to the meetings and let them sit in the dining hall with the Sentinal (Tiler). Neither of us have had to do this yet but it is a viable option.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic Christenson

I am a member of the Order. I am a Past Patron of Waelder Chapter NO. 1023 & present Worthy Patron of Gonzales Chapter No. 403. While my Masonic work will always come first, I enjoy the fellowship and the lessons taught by the Eastern Star. Besides the ladies know how to provide a very nice meal.
I was fortunate to be at Brother Joey's initiation. Hope more Brothers will at least consider the Star and look into what the Order is really about.
Vic
PM Hopkinnsville Lodge NO 183 & Flatonia Lodge NO. 436
member of Moulton Lodge. NO 298

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Debra and I have kids ages 7 & 6 and its usually impossible for us both to be able to attend and support OES fully. What usually happens is she goes and I watch the kids unless there is an initiation or special event and we get a sitter. This will soon change as Debra seems to be placed into a 3 year plan meaning I have about a year before I will be sitting in the West and East with her.

Good info! Yeah something like that would be the only way we could both participate.

Dana

Just a suggestion,,, but why not hire Rainbow girls to watch the kids at the lodge. In Fort Worth we use to baby sit for the Scottish Rite and the Shrine when they had things to do. The nice part was that the girls played with the kids but there were adults right there too just in case. It was a nice fundraiser for us and the kids got to see what mom and dad were doing more or less.
Rainbow and Demolay's are always looking for a way to earn extra cash to off set moey going out of their pocket for things like Grand and Conclave, and if you have small kids there are bound to be others in the same boat. The lack of child care kept me away from OES, I pay my dues but don't go to the meetings and now don't have time with my girls active in Rainbow and my son in Demolay. With the kids if you feed them they will come. With younger couples wanting to be active in OES provide child care and they will come.

Last edited: