My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you were, what would you do?

David612

:D Whew! Thanks God for those questions are not being asked.
Next concern is that where I live, if a petition has a parking ticket, it may be a deal breaker and must 12 months. I had a parking ticket few months ago that I did contest. I think this is a game changer for me. :(
If you can’t obey simple traffic laws how can we expect you to preambulate correctly!

I doubt it will be an issue bud, it’s actual crime they are looking for.

Andy Fracica

Site Benefactor
Premium Member
:D Whew! Thanks God for those questions are not being asked.
Next concern is that where I live, if a petition has a parking ticket, it may be a deal breaker and must 12 months. I had a parking ticket few months ago that I did contest. I think this is a game changer for me. :(
Nobody cares about parking tickets or speeding tickets. Felonies, that's a different story but if you have stayed out of trouble for 20 years... We have one brother that had a felony conviction in his younger days but kept his record clean, served his time, paid restitution to his victim and has become a upstanding citizen He has been a productive member of the community for the last 25 years. We accepted him into our lodge as a brother. In our jurisdiction it is up to the lodge to decide where a felony is involved.

I think you are worrying yourself to death over this and while it is important, the lodge probably wants you as much as you want to be part of the lodge.

Just relax and enjoy the journey.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
So it can be a deal breaker?
Very possible. The Lodge would not want to be the cause of marital strife.
Has anyone ever raised your voice at your spouse at least one time in your life?
Yes and having human emotion is ok. That doesn't mean hit your wife, belittle her or call her names but Masons are allowed to get angry and do their best to control it. Thats all you can do.
Absolutely!
Actually when we interview spouses it really is just to answer their questions about Masonry. Women might have some wrong ideas about Masons from watching too many History Channel shows. :(
Same here.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Here in Kentucky it is prefered that the wife be present so that any of her questions can be answered and make sure that she has not objections to her husband joining.
That is the usual reason given for the practice. I wonder when it started.

Personally, my wife and I are a little more independent in our relationship, and typically would not consult on issues. Similarly, I had not thought to inform the fraternity as to how my wife feels on various issues. The two relationships are separate. Yes, I understand that a spouse’s objections to the fraternity would have an impact the member’s participation.

Howard Giang

If you can’t obey simple traffic laws how can we expect you to preambulate correctly!

I doubt it will be an issue bud, it’s actual crime they are looking for.
I have a clean driving record, and this parking ticket that I contested was because I was not violated a simple traffic laws, but unfortunately it is considered criminal history. Considering getting high voltage shock every time I got a parking ticket, I am sure I will perambulate correctly. :D

http://www.freemason.org/discoverMasonry/applicantInformation.htm

Howard Giang

Nobody cares about parking tickets or speeding tickets. Felonies, that's a different story but if you have stayed out of trouble for 20 years... We have one brother that had a felony conviction in his younger days but kept his record clean, served his time, paid restitution to his victim and has become a upstanding citizen He has been a productive member of the community for the last 25 years. We accepted him into our lodge as a brother. In our jurisdiction it is up to the lodge to decide where a felony is involved.

I think you are worrying yourself to death over this and while it is important, the lodge probably wants you as much as you want to be part of the lodge.

Just relax and enjoy the journey.
I have never been in jail/prison. For my entire life, I have clean record with high credit score except a parking ticket (a few). :(

David612

I have a clean driving record, and this parking ticket that I contested was because I was not violated a simple traffic laws, but unfortunately it is considered criminal history. Considering getting high voltage shock every time I got a parking ticket, I am sure I will perambulate correctly. :D

Don’t worry about menial things like that bud, masons are just people too, people TRYING to be better, with varying degrees of success.

*edit: varying degrees of trying too.

Please let us know how your progress towards joint the craft is going and if I can help in any way just flick me a message.

Last edited:

Howard Giang

Why are you perseverating on this? The link you provided answers the question.
"Criminal history - An applicant’s character is the most important factor in consideration for membership. Men who have pled guilty or no contest or have been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude are not eligible for membership. This includes crimes committed against property, people, or government, such as, but not limited to, intent to defraud, intent to harm a person or thing, or intent to take a thing unlawfully. Minor traffic violations include such offenses as parking and speeding tickets.

A criminal background check, including civil and criminal records, is conducted for each application for degrees as well as applications for affiliation from members of other jurisdictions."

Because I had a contested parking ticket, so I am just pointing out that this Lodge does consider parking ticket as part of a criminal history, but I have never thought of that. I can agree that it can be a part of a driving history. "An applicant’s character is the most important factor in consideration for membership."

Howard Giang

Don’t worry about menial things like that bud, masons are just people too, people TRYING to be better, with varying degrees of success.

*edit: varying degrees of trying too.

Please let us know how your progress towards joint the craft is going and if I can help in any way just flick me a message.
Thanks. I like the way you have a positive outlook.:)

CLewey44

I have never been in jail/prison. For my entire life, I have clean record with high credit score except a parking ticket (a few). :(

Yeah, you're a no-go with a parking ticket....just kidding. Howard, you're fine if what you say is true. Do you believe in a higher power or Supreme Being? Don't worry about parking tickets and things like that. Get in there and petition for a lodge. Have you started visiting with them yet?

David612

Thanks. I like the way you have a positive outlook.:)
Haha I try :)
Personally what I’m discovering as a new mason is that while we can sit here and discuss the esoterics, memorisation or degree kudos it’s all for naught if you aren’t applying the lessons of freemasonry to your life and genuinely improving, never forget why you got involved.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
"Criminal history - An applicant’s character is the most important factor in consideration for membership. Men who have pled guilty or no contest or have been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude are not eligible for membership. This includes crimes committed against property, people, or government, such as, but not limited to, intent to defraud, intent to harm a person or thing, or intent to take a thing unlawfully. Minor traffic violations include such offenses as parking and speeding tickets.

A criminal background check, including civil and criminal records, is conducted for each application for degrees as well as applications for affiliation from members of other jurisdictions."

Because I had a contested parking ticket, so I am just pointing out that this Lodge does consider parking ticket as part of a criminal history, but I have never thought of that. I can agree that it can be a part of a driving history. "An applicant’s character is the most important factor in consideration for membership."
Son, if —paid— parking tickets and speeding tickets were a disqualification, the fraternity would have closed its doors already.

Andy Fracica

Site Benefactor
Premium Member

Most people who have driven and parked a car have received a parking ticket or even a speeding ticket at one time or another during their life. Parking tickets and speeding tickets are just revenue generating tools for governments.

CLewey44

I'm not even sure if a DUI would get you disqual'd. Especially if it happened in your younger days.

Howard Giang

:):)
Yeah, you're a no-go with a parking ticket....just kidding. Howard, you're fine if what you say is true. Do you believe in a higher power or Supreme Being? Don't worry about parking tickets and things like that. Get in there and petition for a lodge. Have you started visiting with them yet?
Laughing with you. :) Thanks for being friendly CLewey44. Yes, I am not an atheist. We might be differed on the interpretation of higher power and Sumpreme Being. Spiritually and theoretically, not only believing in God but also worshiping in God. Practically, I might not worship God correctly or not worship God enough. No, I have not walked into a Lodge in term of petitioning. I have been had luncheons in a Masonic Temple for over 30 times. For a Local Lodge, I had only parked my car across the street and looked at the building. No parking ticket for parking across the street though. :) Happy New Year! Best Wishes for everyone here especially those that are thinking of me.

Last edited: