Just a few concerns... or curiosities

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Derek Barclay, Oct 23, 2015.

1. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Clearly it is for you. For most though, it is not complicated at all.

Furthermore, if you were sincerely contemplating joining the SR, you would have already known from the petition and before you posted here that you had to be a Blue Lodge member first.

You're trying to involve us in a conversation that is obviously premature.

So, what's your game Derek.

dfreybur and Bill Lins like this.
  2. coachn

Personal Responsibility and accountability Derek. You must believe in free-will for any of this to work OR be understood. Otherwise, how would you convince others that it was actually you that was making your choices and decisions of your OWN FREE-WILL AND ACCORD? That's how it works! (or doesn't...)

Derek Harvey and Bill Lins like this.
  3. coachn

Moot point. It's neither the argument nor the issue.

The requirements for joining are the requirements for joining. Either choose or claim that you have something else choose for you because you are unable to do so for yourself.

Bill Lins likes this.
  4. coachn

Moot Point Also. The requirements for joining are put before all who choose to petition. Choose.

Bill Lins likes this.
  5. coachn

Yes, and you have already indicated that you are not in control and hence there is no free-will behind your question and equally the capacity to accept a requirement without an answer that fits what controls you. See the game being played out here Derek. It is you that can't accept that a requirement exists that doesn't require a reason that fits your world view. No matter what the response, you're choosing not to see it for what it is: A choice that separates out believers from non-believers. It's a winnowing process that works toward the very end that is desired by those who join.

Classical and Bill Lins like this.
  6. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

Gentlemen!
    I've created a New Thread named -- "Causes of Crisis. The Time Game" in Philosophy/Religion Part.
    But it had disappeared! Why? :(

7. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Brother hes mentioned in another thread that he petioned an irregular lodge. So its probably one of those john g jones SR clandestine deeelywops

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Bill Lins and coachn like this.
  8. coachn

<sigh> thanks. makes sense...

9. NY.Light.II

NY.Light.II Registered User

Explain the reference? As in chevalier John Paul jones?

10. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

In the US any lodge that starts with SR is clandestine. Not so in other countries.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  11. junae

junae Registered User

It shouldnt be a hard question, Do you love your Mom,Grandmom,kids's]ect... that is not hard to answer, you know deep down inside you, that just that you are questionong this seriously you may just be waiting to find the Proof, but, you think theirs one and Want their to be one, but, may have had to many hardships to think that nothing is watching over us. only Maybe..

12. Ripcord22A

Hes from Texas

13. Ripcord22A

14. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Good info, thanks brother.

15. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

We have a buttload of clandestine GLs here. :(

16. Derek Barclay

Derek Barclay Registered User

I mispoke. I toured the Scottish Rite Temple in Dallas. I understand that the degrees involved with SR are extra and one must achieve or complete the first 3 degrees of "standard"? Masonry.

I'm really just trying to have a conversation - to see where it leads. I've already had a couple of lightbulbs go off. If we were speaking in person, I don't think I'd be pushing it because ya know, we all things to do. But this is a forum for talking about Freemasonry, so I figured it'd be okay.

I've been sincere in everything I've said, John.

But...it is the point... This is the topic of discussion.

It's both. I tried to explain that, but it's difficult to find the words.

I really don't, John.
    I'm not objecting to anything. I'm simply using these discussions as an opportunity to grow. Am I choosing to do so?... I do not know.

I investigated a regular lodge first. After learning of the requirements for entry, I started investigating alternatives. I was accepted - though never went through initiation - into the order of La Droit Humain based out of Colorado Springs.

The Triquetra? :p

I thought SR stood for Scottish Rite.

I thought I answered it to be honest. "Do you believe in a supreme being?" "I don't know."

Do yall think all human beings are fundamentally identical?

17. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

One of the interesting aspects veiled by Jacob's Ladder is that there are various grades of mental substance.

In the lower notes of the mental octave, thoughts are dense and inflexible. Excess use of this type of thought often results in inflexibility of the jaw muscles - for example from grinding the teeth.

On the higher mental notes the thoughts are fluid, even gaseous, producing an elegant interplay with other thoughts of the same ilk.

Effective conversation therefore requires that the participants are occupying closely related rungs of Jacob's Ladder.

18. Derek Barclay

Derek Barclay Registered User

I'm not particularly asking you to do so, but would it not be more effective to speak literally? If allegory is a veil, to speak in such a manner seems to allude to an intention to obscure truth. Can truth be found without allegory? Is all truth found or can it be made?

I almost started laughing while I read this because literally as I read the line my mother started grinding her teeth (something she does in her sleep). :)

19. JamestheJust

I used that symbolism because it is traditional in Freemasonry.

It certainly would be more effective to speak literally, and I have often wondered why Freemasonry, being a "peculiar system of morality" needs to be "veiled in allegory". If the founders of Freemasonry wished the brethren to practice that system of morality, surely it would have been easier just to say what it was.

(In fact the phrase "peculiar system of morality" is itself veiled.)

But since you ask I will unveil the symbolism: Jacob's Ladder refers to a kabbalistic practice known as Rising on the Planes.

It is very hard to find anyone to teach a version suitable for use in Masonic Science, but simple forms are often taught in the public domain, based on 7 colours or 7 steps.

The technical form is rarely taught in the public domain because it enables non-physical interaction with other systems and entities. (That is a deliberately obscure turn of phrase)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  20. JamestheJust

Nature is clearly willing to communicate with you. If you pay attention you will do well.

Share My Freemasonry