My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic Quiz

Robert Marshall

Secretary, Waco 92
Premium Member
A: The Masonic Lodge that resulted from a union between the Lodges Ancient and the Lodges Modern of England.

Q: On what evening was George Washington raised and in what Lodge?

Beathard

Premium Member
Longhorn1rob said:
A: The Masonic Lodge that resulted from a union between the Lodges Ancient and the Lodges Modern of England.

Q: On what evening was George Washington raised and in what Lodge?

Answer is correct. If I understand your question correctly, the answer is:
Nov. 4, 1752 - initiated
Mar. 3, 1753 - passed
Aug. 4, 1753 - raised
All of the days were Saturdays
The lodge was in Fredericksburg, VA.

Last edited:

Beathard

Premium Member
cowan - A worker in unmortared stone; A person who wishes to learn the secrets of Masonry without experiencing the rituals or going through the degrees

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Going back to the question about Washington. I remember when I was stationed in Virginia I would travel to Fredricksburg quite often and seeing the Lodge there. I always wanted to check it out but that was before I began my journey in Masonry and really didn't know that much about it. It is a really nice building and if I remember correctly there is an old Civil War cemetery close by.

Beathard

Premium Member
Apple Tree Lodge Question:
A Grand Lodge 'pro tempore' was formed at the Apple Tree Tavern in 1716, with no Grand Master elected and with no regulations or laws of any kind formulated. This meeting amounted to an agreement to meet the following June 24th to form a Grand Lodge, at the Goose and Gridiron Alehouse.

Beathard

Premium Member
We have another winner.

Next question:
Who are or what were the DIONYSIAC ARTIFICERS?

No takers...?

Last edited:

Beathard

Premium Member
It was an essay published to try to prove that the Craft was derived from ancient Greek philosophy and religious ideas.

That is why I asked the questions as who or what. Brent, you are correct. Here is what I have on the who:

"The Dionysiac Articifers are an association of architects who possessed the exclusive privilege of erecting temples and other public buildings in Asia Minor. The members were distinguished from the unititiated inhabitants by the possession of peculiar marks of recognition, and by the secret character of their association. They were intimately connected with the Sionysiac Mysteries, and are supposed to have furnished the builder for the construction of the temple of Solomon." The Symbolism of Freemasonry by Albert G. Mackey

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
That is why I asked the questions as who or what. Brent, you are correct. Here is what I have on the who:

"The Dionysiac Articifers are an association of architects who possessed the exclusive privilege of erecting temples and other public buildings in Asia Minor. The members were distinguished from the unititiated inhabitants by the possession of peculiar marks of recognition, and by the secret character of their association. They were intimately connected with the Sionysiac Mysteries, and are supposed to have furnished the builder for the construction of the temple of Solomon." The Symbolism of Freemasonry by Albert G. Mackey

Oops! My bad, I didn't even really notice the who until said that. I just saw the Dionysiac Articifers part and went with it.