My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My path of becoming a Mason

LeoValMer05

I think it's a little funny how my path started. It all begun with conspiracy videos in youtube, which it was the first time I heard of Freemasonry. I began to watch a bunch, and search a lot in the Internet about Freemasons and the conspiracy video. At the beginning, I believed them. However, as I began to mature, to search more, and to leave my religious fanatic views, I began to change my mind. Slowly I realize the paranoia and delusion I was, and began to be interest on what it truly was. This is when I decided to join it. In October 2010, I became one.

Howard Giang

However, as I began to mature, to search more, and to leave my religious fanatic views, I began to change my mind.
Hi LeoValMero5,
I also started out watching a lot of YouTube videos around 2014. I don’t know how Masonry videos got introduced, but they were background information. Anyhow, I was from a curiosity to interest. I tried to dismiss a lot of information especially with conspiracy theory videos. However, recently when I stumbled on religious videos, I have been anchored to the sea floor ever since. When you said you became mature, can you elaborate on that and how it helps you moving forward? Thanks.

LeoValMer05

Hi LeoValMero5,
I also started out watching a lot of YouTube videos around 2014. I don’t know how Masonry videos got introduced, but they were background information. Anyhow, I was from a curiosity to interest. I tried to dismiss a lot of information especially with conspiracy theory videos. However, recently when I stumbled on religious videos, I have been anchored to the sea floor ever since. When you said you became mature, can you elaborate on that and how it helps you moving forward? Thanks.

By mature, I mean that rather letting myself be submitted by the paranoia, delusion, misinformation, and ridiculousness of a fanatic or conspiracy theorist, I search for what was true, factual, and realistic. This even got so deep that it made me develop more philosophical and more concrete ideas of life, and what was it. This includes Freemasonry, which once I shared the view that they were overlord satanists that were trying to take over the world, to a view of men of every type of profession getting together in a brotherhood to help themselves, and even help those who he decided to form as brothers.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I still get a kick out of the conspiracy theory sites. It’s amazing what some of these crayon eating window lickers will dream up to fuel imagination or debate. I’m sure my neighbors still get a kick out of our home wireless modem... “Illuminati is Listening”.

The internet is a crazy thing. People have information at their fingers 24/7, and much is not verified. It remains to be seen to me if this is a positive or negative for our Fraternity on many levels.

Glad to have you with us.

LeoValMer05

One of my favorites is the shape shifting alien lizard men that are trying to take over Earth and we (Freemasons) are the human toadies helping them in this matter.

That one is funny. The one that makes my eyes roll is that we are Satanists. I mean, Satanist that use the Bible for guidance? Now that's what I call imagination.

dfreybur

Premium Member
No you can't lol. We do need to counter these claims at some level though (not on their turf :eek: ). Like I was reminded recently, Silence is assent.

That's why I have taken up responding "I pray for your mental healing". On the one hand I will not enter into a craziness contest with a lunatic. On the other hand I do not assent.