My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Every lodge I've ever been in has a door on either side
of SW and then on on the south wall between the JW and the Secretary

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Bloke

Premium Member
(I should mention you will see two doors in photos sometimes here - the second door is always a fire exit and a fire exit only).

HoldenMonty

It's interesting to see how everything is still covered in each jurisdiction but how who does what is a little different.

Keith C

Looking from East to West in our Lodge room. Doors from left to right, Preparing room, to Ante-room, to Ante-room, Examining room.

back%20of%20lodge%20room_387_290_90.jpg

Most of the Lodges in PA that I have visited are like this, some only have one door to the ante-room.

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
1. Inner guard.. he sits inside the door of the lodge. Normally in the NE - but it depends on where the door is... (normally NE on the East OR North wall)

2. Not such office as Pursuivant in our lodges. - the IG does all the door operating in our lodges.

3. JD sits in the same spot and has the same job.. but also opens the 1st Degree TB (tracing board) AND conducts and answers for 1st Degree candidates... our deacons seem to be the general American Steward, Deacon and conductor all in one.

1. Our Inner Guard usually sits at NW, or where the door would be.
2. We only have Pursuivant in Provincial Grand or Grand level, but it is the same as Inner Guard in a private lodge.
3. Our JD sits right hand of the SW, the SW part of the Lodge

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Looking from East to West in our Lodge room. Doors from left to right, Preparing room, to Ante-room, to Ante-room, Examining room.

back%20of%20lodge%20room_387_290_90.jpg

Most of the Lodges in PA that I have visited are like this, some only have one door to the ante-room.
the taper in the south would get us hollered at here in NJ. We have to center the south taper on the alter's southern face.

Keith C

the taper in the south would get us hollered at here in NJ. We have to center the south taper on the alter's southern face.

Aren't the differences interesting? Our North and South tapers are in line with each other and just west of the edge of the alter. The outlets in the floor are set to the correct locations, so we just plug them in and center them on the outlet and we are good to go!

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Aren't the differences interesting? Our North and South tapers are in line with each other and just west of the edge of the alter. The outlets in the floor are set to the correct locations, so we just plug them in and center them on the outlet and we are good to go!
there is another difference. we do not have a north taper :p

East, West and South.

Keith C

there is another difference. we do not have a north taper :p

East, West and South.

Yes, Technically ours are East, West and South, and the East and West are to the North of the Altar and the South is in line with the West. I was (ineffectively) describing our arrangement vs Brother_Steve's.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Yes, Technically ours are East, West and South, and the East and West are to the North of the Altar and the South is in line with the West. I was (ineffectively) describing our arrangement vs Brother_Steve's.
I have to make it out to a PA lodge one of these days. I was nominated for JW last night so it may be a couple of years before I have the time to do so.

billyjfootball

Just be careful!

I was raised last November, in December & January I was asked to sit in the JMC chair for two Extra meetings. In March our Junior Deacon stopped coming to lodge as he now had to work on Wednesday nights, so I was asked to be JD. In August our Senior Deacon told the WM that he was unable to continue in the line for personal reasons, so would not be completing the requirements to run for Junior Warden. So guess who is scrambling to do that now?

Dude, that's crazy! I believe we were raised about the same time like Novemberish 2016. Same thing more or less happened to me. So now I'm studying to be qualified in the EA degree so that I can become JW in December. It's a very daunting thing, but will be worth it. Nice to know I'm in the same boat with somebody. I felt alone.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

MarkR

Premium Member
In Minnesota, all three tapers are together on the north side of the altar (note: altar, not alter), arranged in a triangle east, west, and south. Here's a picture of me doing an education presentation. It was a public presentation on a night we were doing a fund-raising event, thus picture was okay. VSL not open, lesser lights not lit.
wine tasting education.jpg

HoldenMonty

Do any of you guys have other masonic bodies that meet at your Lodge. I was just thinking because our alter has wheels on it so it can move around the floor because from what I heard that some of the other bodies don't have it directly in the middle of the floor like we do so ever now and then depending on what they are doing it might be more towards the east so we have to roll it back to the middle of the floor between the three outlets in the floor where we plug in our three lamp stands.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
In Minnesota, all three tapers are together on the north side of the altar (note: altar, not alter), arranged in a triangle east, west, and south. Here's a picture of me doing an education presentation. It was a public presentation on a night we were doing a fund-raising event, thus picture was okay. VSL not open, lesser lights not lit.View attachment 6037

NM does the same but in the south..,,in Oregon we have 2 on the south side of the altar and 1on the north centered on the altar

Keith C

Do any of you guys have other masonic bodies that meet at your Lodge. I was just thinking because our alter has wheels on it so it can move around the floor because from what I heard that some of the other bodies don't have it directly in the middle of the floor like we do so ever now and then depending on what they are doing it might be more towards the east so we have to roll it back to the middle of the floor between the three outlets in the floor where we plug in our three lamp stands.

Yes, all 3 York Rite bodies meet in our Lodge Room and our Altar is on wheels as well.

Keith C

Dude, that's crazy! I believe we were raised about the same time like Novemberish 2016. Same thing more or less happened to me. So now I'm studying to be qualified in the EA degree so that I can become JW in December. It's a very daunting thing, but will be worth it. Nice to know I'm in the same boat with somebody. I felt alone.

Yes, it seems we are in the same boat!

I had a session with our WM on Monday evening and I have the majority of it down. My main difficulty seems to be switching the order of words in the lecture.

Our Stated meeting is tonight and I hope to enlist the help of some other brothers to assist me. I hope to be able to get signed off at our next school of instruction on November 1st, but our DDGM has graciously agreed to assist in finding someone to listen and sign off sometime after that but before the end of November in case that doesn't work out.