My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plates are available.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Other states have similar "rebate" plans. In Kentucky, when you purchase a Masonic tag, $7 is automatically rebated to the Grand Lodge of KY.

I am delighted to see that Texas finally has Masonic plates. I hope some of the brothers here, can post photos of their vehicles (incl. pickup trucks) with the Masonic tag.

Since Texas is such a big and influential state, maybe more states will now get Masonic tags, and follow Texas' lead. Hope so.

When I was last in Florida, the DMV had approval for a Masonic tag, but there was a holdup in the state capital, that was delaying the availability.

When I was in Alabama, the Alabama DMV had a Shriner's plate, but no Masonic plate yet. I spoke with the Grand Master of Alabama Masons, and he indicated that not enough Alabama Masons, had pre-ordered tags, so the state had not yet gone into production.

Well since I have already posted the actual *new* plate information in a previous post, I don't have a problem sharing a photo of the actual plate on my Mustang... Will do as soon as it arrives!

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Sweet! I guess a few more weeks won't hurtsince I went out in april.......

I think that it is important to note that regardless of your current registration's expiration date, if you choose to purchase these new TX Mason Plates the State will "pro rate" the cost. There is no real need to wait until your registration expires. If you buy in June, your renewal date will change to a June expiration.

Beathard

Premium Member
I did too. First two letters are my initials. Is that the same for everyone not getting custom plates or did I get lucky.

cacarter

Premium Member
I think you got lucky, but it's still nice. Don't most of those plates start with a BB or B something.

AndyF150

I just picked my plates up yesterday. The ladies at the tax office said mine were the first they had ever seen. Since I just renewed my registration all I had to pay was $2.60 for a "sticker fee".

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I just picked my plates up yesterday. The ladies at the tax office said mine were the first they had ever seen. Since I just renewed my registration all I had to pay was $2.60 for a "sticker fee".

Did they call you when the plates came in, or did you call before you went up there?

AndyF150

The tax office called me to let me know my plates were ready. I had called up there yesterday around 1130 and they said the plates had not arrived yet. They ended up calling me around 1330 and told me that they had arrived. I assume your county tax office will call when they show up which should be pretty soon if you ordered them on the first of the month like I did.