My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recognition

dfreybur

Premium Member
Is this the same as in the Scottish Rite?

AASR-SJ is the place I learned to us the arms in the Good Shepard position. I've seen Brothers to that at blue lodge and have done so myself. I've never seen it taught at blue lodge so I figured it was always a sign the Brother was an SR Brother.

Interesting variation that it is taught in at least one jurisdiction.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
It is taught in the First Degree in NM. After nearly three years away I still find myself "almost" doing it every time.

BullDozer Harrell

I am privileged to visit my brethren lodges of the MWGLofIL.
It's always a cordial affair and it hasn't mattered yet that i might do things the Prince Hall way during a tyled meeting.
Nobody cares.
196b98f0d6e4cc28c9fe7bd8f09fe5ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
NMPHA uses it as part of theirs but theres mire to it than just that.

Funny thing about Grand Honors...in NM they only have 1 GH and use it in public and pvt. In Oregon we have 2. Public and pvt. Public is the 3x3 and pvt is all 3 dg and Penalsigns (and just so no one jumps down my throat, that is written monitorially in our ritual so its not a secret)

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
AASR-SJ is the place I learned to us the arms in the Good Shepard position. I've seen Brothers to that at blue lodge and have done so myself. I've never seen it taught at blue lodge so I figured it was always a sign the Brother was an SR Brother.

Interesting variation that it is taught in at least one jurisdiction.
Thank you Brother. I joined the AASR this past November and was taught the folded arm left over right technique. I'm not sure if I was not informed what it was called or If I was told and just forgot. Was a lot to take in in two days.

Bloke

Premium Member
NMPHA uses it as part of theirs but theres mire to it than just that.

Funny thing about Grand Honors...in NM they only have 1 GH and use it in public and pvt. In Oregon we have 2. Public and pvt. Public is the 3x3 and pvt is all 3 dg and Penalsigns (and just so no one jumps down my throat, that is written monitorially in our ritual so its not a secret)

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

We only have 1 and will use it in when cowans are present