My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rings

MarkR

Premium Member
Well brethren, I have been raised, and I am yet to find any reference to a trowel in the rituals. I just went through the whole ritual book. Am I missing something?
No, there's variance by jurisdiction. As far as I understand, it's not a working tool of the first three degrees in the UGLE or GLoScotland, but it is in most, if not all, American jurisdictions.

RhushidaK

Ooooohh.. Interesting. Didn't know we had such differences.. Ya even in India it's not a working tool. So I was half way expecting it to come up, and here I am, presented with three completely different ones. :D

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Ooooohh.. Interesting. Didn't know we had such differences.. Ya even in India it's not a working tool. So I was half way expecting it to come up, and here I am, presented with three completely different ones. :D

Try the Charge After Initiation?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

RhushidaK

Damnnn.. That part.. lol.. yeah have that one. But that's all there is. One fleeting reference of it, without any stress on the trowel :D

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Damnnn.. That part.. lol.. yeah have that one. But that's all there is. One fleeting reference of it, without any stress on the trowel :D

In English Masonry, Inner Guard was a very recently created office and Trowel was the emblem for the original Inner Guard office.
Before the creation of such office, normally the newly raised Master Mason will attend the door, rather than the Junior Deacon.
So that's why the wording Sceptre for Trowel comes, meaning they are newly joined the order.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor