My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think about the Acacia branch?

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Lol....no one said that all of out allegories make sense!
But that is EXACTLY why we have trivial training pointed toward by both the first and second degrees. Allegories have blatant inconsistencies, metaphorical and symbolic references and things purposefully included to offer opportunities to think outside the box. Trivial training helps us work through the paradoxes, inconsistencies and alike to see truths and messages left for those who are capable of grabbing that gold ring aka making sense out of what appears to be non-sense.

I'll cite one example - the ruffian's names are not names! They are statements! which when heard in the language that you understand, make more sense than the phonetic pronunciations unknowing members hear. Once heard, non-sense becomes common sense, especially when put within the context of the story!

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
But that is EXACTLY why we have trivial training pointed toward by both the first and second degrees. Allegories have blatant inconsistencies, metaphorical and symbolic references and things purposefully included to offer opportunities to think outside the box. Trivial training helps us work through the paradoxes, inconsistencies and alike to see truths and messages left for those who are capable of grabbing that gold ring aka making sense out of what appears to be non-sense.

I'll cite one example - the ruffian's names are not names! They are statements! which when heard in the language that you understand, make more sense than the phonetic pronunciations unknowing members hear. Once heard, non-sense becomes common sense, especially when put within the context of the story!
A lot to think on with my small brain, lol.

dfreybur

Premium Member
But what exactly constitutes a "circumstance" which would render finding a concealed body, one that is evidence of murder that required concealing a body to begin with, necessary?

It was an act of conscience. The ruffians weren't trying to evade justice. They were trying to work through their grief at having violated justice. Hence when asked by King Solomon they admitted their guilt.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
It was an act of conscience.
That I can buy into.
The ruffians weren't trying to evade justice.
So, hiding the body under the rubbish, waiting till midnight to dig it up, remove it and rebury it, and their effort to get out of town by way of Joppa were just little side excursions before they finally delivered themselves to court and the battle with the other three fellow craft was just some exercise?
They were trying to work through their grief at having violated justice.
So, denial, anger, bargaining, burying, reburying, fleeing, fighting and finally acceptance?
Hence when asked by King Solomon they admitted their guilt.
That's a most interesting path they took.

Keith C

So, hiding the body under the rubbish, waiting till midnight to dig it up, remove it and rebury it, and their effort to get out of town by way of Joppa were just little side excursions before they finally delivered themselves to court and the battle with the other three fellow craft was just some exercise?

So, denial, anger, bargaining, burying, reburying, fleeing, fighting and finally acceptance?

That's a most interesting path they took.

What is most interesting to me is that the majority of the above is not part of the Ancient Ritual used here in PA. dfreybur's conclusion holds up much better here that it apparently does in other jurisdictions.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
What is most interesting to me is that the majority of the above is not part of the Ancient Ritual used here in PA. dfreybur's conclusion holds up much better here that it apparently does in other jurisdictions.
So, less drama :D

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
If you're going to burn acacia, keep in mind that some species contain up to 2% DMT (a very strong psychedelic) in the bark, root and leaves. You may not want to be downwind of that.
Unless that was the whole point of burning it :D