My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the difference between af&am and f&am?

JohnMcCargo93

I am apart of a PHA AF&AM GL in my state. The MWPHGLofMd F&AM recognize us as we do them i never had an issue or was told my GL was irregular by no man that may have been traveling or local. Is it maybe they don't know how to say we are irregular Or what but I am feeling a little discouraged reading these comments.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
I am apart of a PHA AF&AM GL in my state. The MWPHGLofMd F&AM recognize us as we do them i never had an issue or was told my GL was irregular by no man that may have been traveling or local. Is it maybe they don't know how to say we are irregular Or what but I am feeling a little discouraged reading these comments.

Are you sure about that? The only PHA grand lodge that is AF & AM is Liberia unless there have been recent changes. What is your grand lodge?

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member

I seriously doubt that your grand lodge (if it is the one in your profile) is recognized by the PHA grand lodge. Who told you that?

JohnMcCargo93

I seriously doubt that your grand lodge (if it is the one in your profile) is recognized by the PHA grand lodge. Who told you that?
well my grandparents as well as a few of my cousins are members of the mwphglofMd I also have family that are members of my GL We support them on Saint johns day as well as other events. It was explained to me even before joining that we were charter by the Grand Lodge of masons AF&AM republic of Liberia

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
well my grandparents as well as a few of my cousins are members of the mwphglofMd I also have family that are members of my GL We support them on Saint johns day as well as other events. It was explained to me even before joining that we were charter by the Grand Lodge of masons AF&AM republic of Liberia

All I can suggest is that you do some research and talk to your family members that are PHA. Another PHA grand lodge would not charter a lodge in your state since there is already a PHA grand lodge there.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
You keep avoiding actually telling us the name of the GL of the state you're in. And I don't think the PHAGL in Liberia could charter a GL within the US without some discussion.

JohnMcCargo93

All I can suggest is that you do some research and talk to your family members that are PHA. Another PHA lodge would not charter a lodge in your state since there is already a PHA grand lodge there.
THANK YOU! I knew something was off. But is there a way to get this fix me and my wife have spent a lot of time and money I rather try help rather than run off if it's a situation to be fixed

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
You keep avoiding actually telling us the name of the GL of the state you're in. And I don't think the PHAGL in Liberia could charter a GL within the US without some discussion.

It's in his profile. M.W Zerubbabel Grand Lodge A.F&A.M

JohnMcCargo93

All I can suggest is that you do some research and talk to your family members that are PHA. Another PHA grand lodge would not charter a lodge in your state since there is already a PHA grand lodge there.
Nothing actually matched up but I get told you'll understand later but later never comes

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
THANK YOU! I knew something was off. But is there a way to get this fix me and my wife have spent a lot of time and money I rather try help rather than run off if it's a situation to be fixed

If you want to be part of a regular and recognized grand lodge, you can either join the grand lodge of your state or the PHA grand lodge. You would probably have to start over if you went state grand lodge. There may still be a healing process if you went through the PHA grand lodge although I would recommend just starting over cause the work might be different. There are no easy answers.