My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the difference between af&am and f&am?

ccampbell

@Glen Cook I will let you handle this one. I knew something was wrong.

I’m not sure what you mean by that comment but what I am sensing is you have a chip on your shoulder. Your tone is not of brotherhood or love. It’s condesening and rude. If that’s how they raise you guys down there in Texas on how to greet Brothers then something is missing. Good day

ccampbell

First of all that’s not even our Congress so how can they say we aren’t legitimate?

Secondly who gives this site authorization to say who is and who is not legitimate?

Thirdly it’s a very dangerous thing to go around quoting things like that to GL that you have no authority. It opens you up for lawsuits

ccampbell

Why? Because Prince Hall has a website? I doubt that. You have no jurisdiction or authority over me. If we really want to get technical show me the charter from 1717

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Yes, Brother. I hail from MW Hiram Abif Grand Lodge for the State of Indiana. AF&AM. Founded 1962
General Grand Masonic Congress Founded August 9, 1899.
And that is the more precise issue. This group is not considered regular and is not recognized by PHA, CGMNA, UGLE, GL Scotland, GL Ireland...

There are two links I would provide, one which indicates the group is not regular (it uses the term bogus, of which I do not approve), and that of UGLE, which fails to show your GL as a recognized GL in Indiana.

http://www.thephylaxis.org/bogus/bogus_in.php

http://www.ugle.org.uk/about/foreign-grand-lodges

Now, this isn't to say we don't respect you or to indicate that you aren't welcome here. Certainly, I don't think anyone on this list would indicate that an historically African American lodge would be per se clandestine, and such a comment would be met with forceful rebuttal.

ccampbell

Brothers in the Craft, please be careful about listening to other people tell you are not a Lodge. There are requirements which make you a Lodge anyone saying anything different hasn’t read their lessons.

The attempt to divide Masonry where everyone is supposed to be on the level regardless of profession and stature is not Masonry. It’s separatism and it only further embraces an theology that one is better than the other.

I will knock on any door and have done so all over the Globe and not Once have I been denied entrance. My charter hanges at the alter during all meetings as proof we are who we say we are. I encourage all Brothers to embrace the tenants of Masonry as well as the rule and guide.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Some of these clandestine freemasons have been brainwashed and don't know any better. You don't seem to fall in that category though.

ccampbell

And that is the more precise issue. This group is not considered regular and is not recognized by PHA, CGMNA, UGLE, GL Scotland, GL Ireland...

There are two links I would provide, one which indicates the group is not regular (it uses the term bogus, of which I do not approve), and that of UGLE, which fails to show your GL as a recognized GL in Indiana.

http://www.thephylaxis.org/bogus/bogus_in.php

http://www.ugle.org.uk/about/foreign-grand-lodges

Now, this isn't to say we don't respect you or to indicate that you aren't welcome here. Certainly, I don't think anyone on this list would indicate that an historically African American lodge would be per se clandestine, and such a comment would be met with forceful rebuttal.

So if your point is if a Lodge is not recognized by the GLE then a lot is legitimate Lodges would fall into that. The only way that would hold true is if a Lodge was claiming to be under the GLE flag and had not been issued a charter or dispensation.

However, Brother with much respect, I submit to you if the GLE has no jurisdiction over me, then it can’t tell me nor can it enforce the authority over me by labeling me illegitimate.

That would be like Russia saying the USA is not a real country because Russsia says so.

We have to stop this nonsense. If I am a Mason and I am empowered and I have my dues paid and can produce a valid traveling card and I knock on your door, you MUST allow me entrance as much as you MUST come to my aid if needed. That’s Your obligation. Anything else you are not fulfilling your oath.

I will Be In Dallas in February in business. I would love to meet you both and I would love to introduce myself in a better format, allow myself to be tired and in turn try you. Perhaps then you will come to appreciate a brother more easily. My RIGHT is to travel

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
So if your point is if a Lodge is not recognized by the GLE then a lot is legitimate Lodges would fall into that. The only way that would hold true is if a Lodge was claiming to be under the GLE flag and had not been issued a charter or dispensation.

However, Brother with much respect, I submit to you if the GLE has no jurisdiction over me, then it can’t tell me nor can it enforce the authority over me by labeling me illegitimate.

That would be like Russia saying the USA is not a real country because Russsia says so.

We have to stop this nonsense. If I am a Mason and I am empowered and I have my dues paid and can produce a valid traveling card and I knock on your door, you MUST allow me entrance as much as you MUST come to my aid if needed. That’s Your obligation. Anything else you are not fulfilling your oath.

I will Be In Dallas in February in business. I would love to meet you both and I would love to introduce myself in a better format, allow myself to be tired and in turn try you. Perhaps then you will come to appreciate a brother more easily. My RIGHT is to travel
I agree, UGLE is only one source of recognition. However, they only recognize two GL's in Indiana. Further, you will note that I referenced some 100 GL's in North America which do not recognize your GL and your GL's specific inclusion on a list of unrecognized GL's.

I also agree that UGLE has no authority over you. They only have authority over me because I am a member.

You have been misinformed as to visitation for two reasons: only Masons whose GLS are in amity may visit one another's lodges. The majority of us have taken a specific obligation regarding conversing on the secrets of Freemasonry with a clandestine Mason ( I note that not all obligations are the same. It is also parlous to lecture another Mason as to what his obligation entails). Let me ask: does your obligation mention clandestine masons?

Additionally, my mother jurisdiction of Utah specifically notes in its code that visitation is a privilege, and not a right. UGLE also allows a Master to bar even a recognized Mason from visiting.

No, you don't get to try me as a Mason unless I am seeking a Masonic privilege or entry into a lodge. Further, I have no need to try you, as I am already aware of the status of your GL and because of that, may not converse on the secrets of Freemasonry with you.

Again, that doesn't mean that you are not a good person. However, my various obligations, with which I'm fairly familiar, do not allow me to hold a Masonic conversation with you.

ccampbell

I agree, UGLE is only one source of recognition. However, they only recognize two GL's in Indiana. Further, you will note that I referenced some 100 GL's in North America which do not recognize your GL and your GL's specific inclusion on a list of unrecognized GL's.

I also agree that UGLE has no authority over you. They only have authority over me because I am a member.

You have been misinformed as to visitation for two reasons: only Masons whose GLS are in amity may visit one another's lodges. The majority of us have taken a specific obligation regarding conversing on the secrets of Freemasonry with a clandestine Mason ( I note that not all obligations are the same. It is also parlous to lecture another Mason as to what his obligation entails). Let me ask: does your obligation mention clandestine masons?

Additionally, my mother jurisdiction of Utah specifically notes in its code that visitation is a privilege, and not a right. UGLE also allows a Master to bar even a recognized Mason from visiting.

No, you don't get to try me as a Mason unless I am seeking a Masonic privilege or entry into a lodge. Further, I have no need to try you, as I am already aware of the status of your GL and because of that, may not converse on the secrets of Freemasonry with you.

Again, that doesn't mean that you are not a good person. However, my various obligations, with which I'm fairly familiar, do not allow me to hold a Masonic conversation with you.
You guys are a riot
Definitely not Masons
It’s funny coming from a group who never had a Grand Body to even begin. But I digress

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Well on second thought, I have to unblock him until I get an answer on his lineage. But considering he never answered my first question, I may be waiting a long time.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Just saying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180102-193734.png
    Screenshot_20180102-193734.png
    1 MB · Views: 409