My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Age and Time

At what age did you become a Mason

• 18-28

Votes: 33 44.0%
  • 29-38

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • 39-48

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • 49-58

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • 59-68

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 69-78

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Maverick

I was intiated, passed, and raised when I was 23. I've been a member of the Blue Lodge now for 3 years.

RedTemplar

Johnny Joe Combs
Premium Member
Initiated: 11-14-77
Passed: 12-12-77
Raised: 01-28-78

I was IPR'd at 21 years of age. By 1982, I had joined York Rite, Scottish Rite, Shrine, and Order of Eastern Star.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Wouldn't want to rush into anything, would we? ;) :D

(I'm just kidding- it took me over 2 years to get mine filled out & returned!)

tom268

I was initiated in December 1997 at age 26, passed November 1998 and raised in May 1999. My next degrees were 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2008. I will get my 10th and last degree of our system this October.

Jacob Johnson

I was Initiated, Passed, and Raised in 2009, and have been active in my lodge since... I joined the SR this last weekend (we'll be going from 19-32nd degrees this weekend), and I'm planning on being active in both bodies.

EDIT: totally forgot to put my age when i originally posted.... I'm 25

Last edited:

Timothy Fleischer

Bigmel,
Thank God for the Oldtimers!

My teacher had a Life certificate for instruction at the time he taught me and then became Master of the Lodge after serving 17 years as Secretary. He is a Past Master of at least one other Lodge. He was given the Golden Trowel and has a 50 Year Certificate.
We spent many an afternoon in his study and under the old oak tree in his backyard as he taught me the lessons.

While Masonry is undergoing a Renaissance with new young men, we desperately need to cling to some of our traditions that are taught to us and held on to by the men who have been here for a while.

Glad to see that you are still active after 46 years Brother.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

28 Years old when I was raised in 1995. Appointed JD a month after I was raised.
Still a Blue Lodge Mason. Thinking of the York Rite and Scottish Rite perhaps this year or next.
Conferred the FC and MM degree on my nephew who petitioned at age 19, raised at age 20.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
I was raised in 2008 and so I have been a Master Mason for about three years now.
I recieved my 32nd Degree in Scottish Rite in October 2010.
Overall, I am 29 years old.

Bro. Bennett

Premium Member
Entered(Sept. 2010), passed(Nov. 2010), and raised(January 1, 2011) all in my 46th year... Not bad for an 18 year old with 29 years experience.... lol :cool:

S.Courtemanche

Premium Member
Bigmel,
Thank God for the Oldtimers!

My teacher had a Life certificate for instruction at the time he taught me and then became Master of the Lodge after serving 17 years as Secretary. He is a Past Master of at least one other Lodge. He was given the Golden Trowel and has a 50 Year Certificate.
We spent many an afternoon in his study and under the old oak tree in his backyard as he taught me the lessons.

While Masonry is undergoing a Renaissance with new young men, we desperately need to cling to some of our traditions that are taught to us and held on to by the men who have been here for a while.

Glad to see that you are still active after 46 years Brother.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

28 Years old when I was raised in 1995. Appointed JD a month after I was raised.
Still a Blue Lodge Mason. Thinking of the York Rite and Scottish Rite perhaps this year or next.
Conferred the FC and MM degree on my nephew who petitioned at age 19, raised at age 20.

Bro Tim your conferment for Bro mason Simmons was awesome, his MM degree was one of the best degrees that I have been to yet. (o:

On a side note I was finishing up the floors of our lodge Saturday night (still need to seal them) so I was not able to make it out to Salado's award ceremony.

And a huge congrats to you on recieving the Golden Trowel!!

Last edited:

chancerobinson

Entered August 2006, age 21. Passed February 2007, age 22. Raised March 2007, age 22.
York Rite from January 2009 - August 2009. AASR in April 2009. Shrine in September 2010.

Last edited: