Have standards really been lowered?

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by LAMason, Jun 3, 2015.

1. JJones

JJones Moderator Staff Member

Pancake fundraisers, obviously.

CLewey44 and hanzosbm like this.
  2. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

Brother, as a KY MM, I am most familiar with those particular rituals and have done a fair bit of writing and research on them. I'll inbox you one area I found particularly interesting and one that I'm sure will generate not only a lot of immediate discussion, but which will open an untold number of doors for further discussion.

3. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

Hi, sir.
    Can you, please, give your -- "definition" of the word/concept "Standard"(in Freemasonry)?

4. pointwithinacircle2

pointwithinacircle2 Rapscallion Premium Member

Perhaps the reason that some truths are called "lost" is that they must re-experienced by each individual in order to be understood. If a person lacks these experiences it is not "knowledge" that is lost, it is "understanding". Understanding is the golden key that unlocks the doors.

5. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

And until there is sufficient progress in the work of the EA, Nature will not admit the brother into the "hidden mysteries of nature and science" where can be learned the genuine secrets.

6. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Great idea! I just may do that. Thank you brother.

7. pointwithinacircle2

pointwithinacircle2 Rapscallion Premium Member

This is exactly what I did in my Lodge. Only I didn't offer, I prepared in secret. When the presentation was ready I simply stood up in Lodge and gave it. Stealth Masonry, I recommend it to everyone! P.S. If you want to exchange presentations send me a PM.

dfreybur and hanzosbm like this.
  8. JJones

JJones Moderator Staff Member

Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. Good job. :)

dfreybur likes this.
  9. Plustax

Plustax Registered User

My question... Can a non mason file masonic violation charges? If so...why? If not...why not?

10. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

I am unaware of a jurisdiction which would allow this. The codes of which I am aware only allow a member to do so. Our Masonic codes are similar to the UCMJ in many respects; it allows only a person subject to the UCMJ to prefer charges.

11. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

A Masonic trial is a tiled event which means none but Masons may be present. It makes no sense for a non-Mason to file charges that would lead to a Masonic trial where the accuser would be excluded.

tldubb likes this.
  12. Plustax

Plustax Registered User

Rumor has it that a masons wife is wanting to press masonic violation charges on a mason. Just didn't know if that could be done. I would think it would have to be done by the mason himself.

13. Glen Cook

I would urge you review your code

14. Plustax

Plustax Registered User

Actually I have & don't see anything where a "non" mason can file masonic disciplinary violation. Masons yes.. Non masons..No. However..opinions..many.

15. Glen Cook

My usual tactic when people declare to me what the code allows: Citation?

16. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

It is tradition in many jurisdictions that the Junior Warden is the officer whose job it is to file Masonic charges when it becomes necessary. This is implicit in the traditional duty that the JW superintend the membership, so the tradition will not be present in every single jurisdiction. Nonetheless that's the brother to approach.

Note that the lodge must take a vote on whether to move forward with the charges, again in the jurisdictions I know. One lodge that I used to visit was asked to press charges and after the discussion at the next Stated meeting they did vote to decline the charges, so it does happen.

17. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Under GLoTX Law, not only must the accuser be a Master Mason, but he must be a member in good standing of a GLoTX Lodge. (Grand Master's Decision- 1953, #7). In addition, although not specifically stated as such, at numerous places in Title V is found the wording "the accusing Brother". Further, Art. 611 states, in part, "the Trial Master shall then open the proceeding and return all Master Masons present to the Lodgeroom, to specifically include: the accuser, the accused, and the advocates for both." (italics mine)

Brother JC and Glen Cook like this.
  18. Doubleagle357

Doubleagle357 Registered User

FM makes good men better......it can't make a bad man good

Thomas Stright likes this.
  19. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

It doesn't even do that (make good men better). That's a slogan that is not supported by anything that FM does.

FM makes members. It is up to each member to do the Work that makes him better. That Work ain't making new members.

Tpower31, MRichard and Warrior1256 like this.
  20. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Hadn't thought of it from this point of view. Something to ponder.

coachn likes this.

Share My Freemasonry