Not wanting to go to lodge anymore.

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Levelhead, Apr 1, 2016.

1. pointwithinacircle2

pointwithinacircle2 Rapscallion Premium Member

I find that Disinterested Compassion is a useful tool. To me it means to care about, and offer assistance to, others without becoming caught up in the results of my actions. In modern psycho-babble it is sometimes called setting boundaries. Masonically it is the length of my cable-tow. I have found that I harm myself and others when I become emotionally involved with the results of my charity. This means of course that sometimes I must sometimes place my personal boundaries where others might not want them to be. This especially true of those who wish to take advantage of me.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  2. Levelhead

Levelhead Premium Member

Sad that a written agreement has to be made with a brother;(

I should of made a written agreement when i installed baseboards and trimmed out his whole house for free! Lol oh well i felt good helping out a brother for free. I never get a free ride ever.

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom

3. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Yup. Sad is true. However, there's a huge difference between rolling up your sleeves in fellowship and doing so in business affairs.

Bill Lins, Zack and Levelhead like this.
  4. The Undertaker

The Undertaker Premium Member

I am sorry to learn of this big issue, and at the same time, not surprised. What's worse is that we expect our Brethren to be on the level, as we have with them. However, please continue to contribute by your attendance, and knowledge, regardless of which lodge. I do not attend my lodge much any longer (and I'm a past master) for personal reasons, not as extreme as yours. But trust me, there are wonderful lodges that will genuinely want you. That said, I'm sadly disappointed when "these things happen" because we are Masons. These things aren't as likely to happen to Brothers . . . but they do. Which makes my resolve, and maybe yours, even more concrete. Lodges need us good men, period, as much (or more) than we need them. Keep that in mind, move forward doing good. Here endeth the lesson . . . .

Classical likes this.
  5. Levelhead

Levelhead Premium Member

And on top of it me and me wife are in the OES , my wifes the marshall,and him and his wife are in the west.

Cluster ****

6. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I disagree.

I've been in business with my father and brother by blood. I am currently in business with a brother.

In all these activities, we act professionally by documenting agreements in writing to allow mutual understanding and a record to refer back to. That's got nothing to do with 'honesty' but is indeed a bit to do with mistrusting the human ability to clearly recall snd/or interpret what was agreed. Clearly writing it all down and all approving that record, whether in the form of a contract or minutes, gives us all a record of what was agreed.

I am currently employed by two groups of building owners comprised of Freemasons, again documented by exchange of letter forming a contract.

This has always been incredibly useful to look back in months and years passed to make sure we are all meeting our obligations.

Recording agreements in writting is busineess 101.

As an aside, if we dont need such mechanisms - why do lodges keep minutes ? We keep them so we have mutually accepted record of events and agreements and a way to communicate them for future reference

7. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

Sorry to hear that brother. Your right, it is a shame. You should be able to do business with a brother mason and not worry about issues like your having. Like I was told from a brother awhile ago, freemasonry is brothers taking care of brothers.

Sent from my 831C using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

The Traveling Man likes this.
  8. Levelhead

Levelhead Premium Member

Ive realized there are Masons and there are Brothers.

9. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

Well said brother.

10. David Carroll jr

David Carroll jr Registered User

Damn Straight!

coachn likes this.
  11. David Carroll jr

David Carroll jr Registered User

Speaking from experience. If you have an option extricate yourself from that situation post haste. Like Coach said, He has drawn you into his Drama Triangle and you need to get away for your own mental well being.

I had a similar situation in my Mother Lodge. It got to the point where I hated going so I demitted, joined another lodge and regained my love for the Craft. This is up to you now.

Bloke, Levelhead and coachn like this.
  12. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Excellent point.

Bloke likes this.
  13. Zack

Zack Registered User

A wise old PM once told me..."not all good men are Masons and not all Masons are good men".

14. Derinique Kendrick

Derinique Kendrick Registered User

Sad you have to look at it that way, but it is definitely the truth

15. Derinique Kendrick

Ohhhh yes! I too have come across some "brothers" whom I wish had never made it past the west gate, heck, the ballot box for that matter!

16. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

So true!

Levelhead likes this.
  17. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

I think everybody has met that brother. Unfortunately, it is not just a small number of them.

18. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

Bro I'm sorry to the solution is always there read about your short comings, But always remember to "Look to the East" the solution is always there. tighten up on his cable tow to find out the problem, and then fix it from there

Levelhead likes this.
  19. Levelhead

Levelhead Premium Member

I plan on staying in this lodge because he runs people off whom he fears. Not me. Not falling for his trap.

20. Derinique Kendrick

Precisely!

Levelhead and coachn like this.

Share My Freemasonry