The Egyptian Schools of Mystery?

Discussion in 'Becoming a Prince Hall Freemason' started by ChildofTheSun13, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

No its not.

coachn likes this.
  2. Ripcord22A

Freemasonry was not around in the time of Moses or Noah or King Solomon. Its just a story.

coachn and Glen Cook like this.
  3. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

Proof indeed!

4. manmaxx05

manmaxx05 Registered User

Isn't it just a claim without any prove, some masonic founder happen to be one who can read hieroglyphics and copied down what to him seem sacred and knowledgeable. I put that how it end up founding freemasonry or same also illuminati because if you look closely no different only freemasonry is in America and illuminati in Europe.

Sent from my LENNY2 using Tapatalk

5. Ripcord22A

Uhhh no

6. JamestheJust

To understand the externals of Masonry it is necessary to read quite widely including in Sumerian, Egyptian and Hindu traditions. Even Chinese traditions are useful background.

Then having found the externals connections, it is necessary to consider how they relate to the Soul of Masonry and then to the Spirit of Masonry.

For this it is useful to have access to a spiritual science so as to test the weight of propositions and to investigate the inner connections.

In the absence of a spiritual science it is common to speculate - until one has convinced oneself.

JM-MWPHGLGA likes this.
  7. JM-MWPHGLGA

JM-MWPHGLGA Premium Member

I have to agree, the term or phrase may be young. But the artwork or craft/practice dates back beyond Greek. It's evidence on the walls of khemet/Egypt that lets researchers know the true identity or origin of freemasonry of today. But to each its own. Your statement is true in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

8. JamestheJust

It surprises me (or perhaps it does not) how little attention Masonic historians give to the ritual and its structure.

For example the Master is placed up 3 steps. Why is that?

Hint: Who is the god of three steps?

Why does a ladder appear in Masonry in various guises?

Hint: Which ancient non-Masonic rituals use a ladder?

Bloke and JM-MWPHGLGA like this.
  9. JM-MWPHGLGA

Agreed. I have always seen more and still do. The learning curve never stops.

10. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Since it is known that the ritual is made up, the roots of its details are poorly linked to ancient ways. It's great to speculate but we have no idea if the authors of the ritual were aware of the content of ancient ritual. We will never be able to tell how much is accidental and how much is deliberate.

We deliberately duck on nearly all references to ancient polytheist religions. Partially to not discuss sectarian religion. Partially because the degrees tell a story from a monotheist religion. Partially because a large majority of Masons are monotheists.

As such your fine questions are rhetorical after a bit of pondering on them.

11. JM-MWPHGLGA

I beg to differ my Brother. How do we truly know that's it's made up? What sources are there to confirm that? I think the story is a representation of a non-fiction creation. Now I'm only speculating as well because there isn't any hard evidence to let me know the "Truth"

12. Ripcord22A

How about the fact that there used to be only 2 deg based on noah then...poof....now theres 3 based on hiram

dfreybur likes this.
  13. JM-MWPHGLGA

If we are going strictly biblical then that's perfectly fine with me. That mean Noah had to be well learned in Egyptian wisdom before the Egyptians. But when we jump out of biblical relations we end up with the why's and how's of the 3rd. Going back to Egyptian Mysteries being the front runner. Do I think it was called Egyptian mysteries in Egypt? Heck No, it was there way of practice, sacred practice. We just added on that description.

14. JamestheJust

That is certainly evidence of something -perhaps an intervention by some group that had the authority to over-ride what the new GL was doing.

And the introduction of Hiram is interesting as it is based on the HR word root of heroes such as: Horus, Hermes, Hera, and Hercules.

Lack of familiarity with other ritual traditions makes it difficult for Masons to see what has been directly inherited as compared with what has been copied without understanding.

15. Ripcord22A

Citation please? you always bring this up yet I don't think you've ever given your source?

MRichard likes this.
  16. JamestheJust

Somewhere in Sitchin he gives the HR root as meaning both high born and from far away. If so the HR words are not personal names but titles. Hence 2 Hirams and 2 Horuses.

Here is his first book: http://www.tikaboo.com/library/12thPlanet.pdf

It contains much that can be recognized as preserved within Masonry.

JM-MWPHGLGA likes this.
  17. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

There is no hard evidence that it is fact, ergo it is fiction. The burden of proof rests on those who claim a basis in Egypt (Kemet).

coachn, MRichard, Bloke and 1 other person like this.
  18. JM-MWPHGLGA

According to my speculations concerning the story then yes your right. But with relation to symbols, and other topics it goes directly towards Egypt.

19. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

The symbols could just as easily lead to Persia. Again, there is no evidence to back either theory.

20. JM-MWPHGLGA

I agree with you second statement. And somewhat with your first but before there was a Persia there was a Sudan.

Share My Freemasonry