My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Various Questions

R

Ressam

As the human race progresses the members of the brotherhood of man recognize their places in the whole (Divine Plan) and the brotherhood of man becomes holistic (holy) in its actions.

This use of holy is not the same as in the Old Testament where the Kadosh were separated from the sinful population. Here as the population progresses spiritually the whole population becomes holy and responsive to the Divine Will.

The prospect of a holy human race may seem some way off, but it is only in the last 20 years that the race agreed to be stewards of the planet - despite the wishes of most governments.

Thanks again for your answer, Mr.James!
You're writin' in very interestin' manner!
It's very difficult to understand you.
My English is poor, but, from other side my Vocabulary seems like -- bein' enough to understand your words!
Probably, you are on -- another "level" of Enlightenment!
At what -- "Masonic degree" you are now?(I mean additional degrees for MM).

R

Ressam

I see that you would disregard the instructions of the ancient alchemists: Ora et Labora.

This instruction is also necessary for the work of the Fellowcraft

Thanks for tellin' about motto. New information. Didn't know it.
But I don't agree with you on that -- this is motto of "ancient alchemists".
Labour is labour. You are workin' and prayin'.
But alchemisty is more related with -- magic, rituals, "elixir of immortality", chrysopoeia, philosopher's stone, etc. and other
"toys" for the egoism/selfishness.
This motto is not motto of "alchemists". IMHO.

R

Ressam

30th but that proves nothing.
Why "nothin"?
If I'm not mistaken(I heard that from Russian Masons, it's not lie) -- you are gettin' kind of "New Knowledge" on each degree.
By the way, I also wonder, what is -- "Freemasonic Knowledge"?

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Thanks again for your answer, Mr.James!
You're writin' in very interestin' manner!
It's very difficult to understand you.
My English is poor, but, from other side my Vocabulary seems like -- bein' enough to understand your words!
Probably, you are on -- another "level" of Enlightenment!
At what -- "Masonic degree" you are now?(I mean additional degrees for MM).
Why do you put so many apostrophes in your writing? Makes it even more difficult to understand

R

Ressam

Why do you put so many apostrophes in your writing? Makes it even more difficult to understand
You mean -- punctuation marks? :)
Hyphens, commas, etc?
I think, it's quite opposite! I make it for -- more easible understanding.
You are seein' -- where to pause, on what words I make accent.
More(maybe extra unnecessary grammarly) punctuation marks does not makes the text difficult to understand. IMHO.
But, I'll try to write less.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
You mean -- punctuation marks? :)
Hyphens, commas, etc?
I think, it's quite opposite! I make it for -- more easible understanding.
You are seein' -- where to pause, on what words I make accent.
More(maybe extra unnecessary grammarly) punctuation marks does not makes the text difficult to understand. IMHO.
But, I'll try to write less.

seein' is an example. That thing at the end appears to be an apostrophe. The word is seeing. I recognize English is not your first language, and you have a great proficiency. This penchant for multiple apostrophes is a difficult.

R

Ressam

seein' is an example. That thing at the end appears to be an apostrophe. The word is seeing. I recognize English is not your first language, and you have a great proficiency. This penchant for multiple apostrophes is a difficult.
Ok. :)
I'll write more the -- letter "g" in the end of the Present Continuous Verbs. :)

dfreybur

Premium Member
Does The Freemasonry has a "Goal" to make -- Freemason/Brother everyone? Or it's OK for it to be some kind of "elitaristic"?

We limit our membership and our petitions clearly state our requirements. Our jurisdictions are male only. We do not admit atheists. We conduct background checks to establish that our candidates are of good moral character. We have age limits. We require free status - Thanks to the efforts of our Masonic forbearers class based society has greatly diminished in power so this now means being on probation.

Our main goal is to make good men better. We wish to benefit all of humanity as a side effect, because good men want that.

R

Ressam

We limit our membership and our petitions clearly state our requirements. Our jurisdictions are male only. We do not admit atheists. We conduct background checks to establish that our candidates are of good moral character. We have age limits. We require free status - Thanks to the efforts of our Masonic forbearers class based society has greatly diminished in power so this now means being on probation.

Our main goal is to make good men better. We wish to benefit all of humanity as a side effect, because good men want that.
Thank you!

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
I was wondering beyond the more well known side degree and such like the Scottish and York Rites, Shriners, Grotto, Tall Cedars, Rosicrucians, what are some more that aren't commonly listed?
Also what was the first side degree/appendant body you joined and why?
Also would appreciate hearing stories about your journey as a Mason, about your petitioning process, ect.
All these things would greatly help me on my own journey. Thanks in advance.
I joined the HRAM chapter first because I wanted to receive the Real Word that was lost I am currently going through my Scottish Rite degrees because it seems to be a several houses with in one and ties a lot into what was previously learned in the blue and red house

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I joined the HRAM chapter first because I wanted to receive the Real Word that was lost I am currently going through my Scottish Rite degrees because it seems to be a several houses with in one and ties a lot into what was previously learned in the blue and red house
Have a great journey Brother. I'm sure that you will get a lot out of it.

dfreybur

Premium Member
I believe you are confusing the Masonic Rosicrucians with the religion.....

There is a Rosicrucian fraternal order named AMORC. http://amorc.org/ Not associated with Masonry except for having men who are members of both.

There is a Rosicrucian Fellowship that might or might not be called a religion depending on how you define the word. http://www.rosicrucian.com/ Not associated with Masonry except for having members who are both.

There are also Rosicrucian degrees in the AASR-SJ and some other Rosicrucian appendent bodies. Being appendent bodies these orders are Masonic.