My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Various Questions

R

Ressam

Dear Gentlemen,
2 questions.

1. Is that correct info that "Masonic Oath" contains such cruel consequences? If "yes" -- why so?
2. Is that correct that -- some Freemasons can eternally stay in the status of "Entered Apprentice" & never become "Master Mason"?

Thank You!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Dear Gentlemen,
2 questions.

1. Is that correct info that "Masonic Oath" contains such cruel consequences -- [...my throat cut across, my tongue torn out, and with my body buried in the sands of the sea at low-water mark, where the tide ebbs and flows twice in twenty-four hours... my left breast torn open, my heart and vitals taken thence, and with my body given as a prey to the vultures of the air... my body severed in twain, my bowels taken thence, and with my body burned to ashes, and the ashes thereof scattered to the four winds of Heaven...]? If "yes" -- why so?
2. Is that correct that -- some Freemasons can eternally stay in the status of "Entered Apprentice" & never become "Master Mason"?

Thank You!
UMMMMMM.....inapproate question. If you were a Mason you would know the answers.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Dear Gentlemen,
2 questions.

1. Is that correct info that "Masonic Oath" contains such cruel consequences -- [...my throat cut across, my tongue torn out, and with my body buried in the sands of the sea at low-water mark, where the tide ebbs and flows twice in twenty-four hours... my left breast torn open, my heart and vitals taken thence, and with my body given as a prey to the vultures of the air... my body severed in twain, my bowels taken thence, and with my body burned to ashes, and the ashes thereof scattered to the four winds of Heaven...]? If "yes" -- why so?

Thank You!
We don't discuss the specifics of our obligation. I do note not all are the same.

In the US, it would be unusual to remain in the 1st°. I cannot answer for all Obediences in the world

R

Ressam

We don't discuss the specifics of our obligation. I do note not all are the same.

In the US, it would be unusual to remain in the 1st°. I cannot answer for all Obediences in the world

Thank You, Mr.Glen.

R

Ressam

Dear Gentlemen!
Excuse me again for stupid question!
I just wanted to learn numbers!
If I'm not mistaken -- there are, approx. 2M Freemasons in U.S.
How many of them are also -- members of O.T.O.?
Thank You!

dfreybur

Premium Member

My mother lodge Pasadena 272 in California currently has 271 Master Masons and 15 Entered Apprentices on its rolls.

In that jurisdiction it is allowed but not required to drop EAs off the rolls if they make no progress.

President Lyndon Johnson was a famous EA who never progressed.

It happens but it is not usual.

R

Ressam

My mother lodge Pasadena 272 in California currently has 271 Master Masons and 15 Entered Apprentices on its rolls.

In that jurisdiction it is allowed but not required to drop EAs off the rolls if they make no progress.

President Lyndon Johnson was a famous EA who never progressed.

It happens but it is not usual.

Thank You, Mr.Doug for such informative answer!
I've undertstand!

R

Ressam

From the other side of the world I can accurately say: very few. This is because OTO has a distinctly dubious reputation and because OTO is very small.

Read some of the biographies of OTO members. See if you can find one that is not a tragedy.

Thanks, Mr.James for the answer!
Approx. number of members, if possible?
Just interested!
Of course, I can Google it, but, IMHO, it's better to get info from Official Masonic Resource!
Thank You!

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
The sitting Master of my Mother Lodge the year I was Raised was also the last Master of the OTO lodge in that town. He shut it down because of several members attitudes.

R

Ressam

Degrees are earned. There is work after each degree before a candidate can get his next degree on the schedule. No work on the proficiency, no progress.

Thanks, Mr.Doug!!! :))
Sorry for my question! :) But -- what kind of "work"!? Could you, please, give an example, if possible?