Christianity in Freemasonry

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Purkaple, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

I just assume that --
    Albert Pike, or Benjamin Franklin were "on the contact".

2. NY.Light.II

NY.Light.II Registered User

Just for the sake of clarity, are you suggesting Franklin and Pike were in contact with aliens?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro

Travelling Man91 and Ressam like this.
  3. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

Mr.NY Light,
    It's only an assumption.
    That Aliens helped Humanity make The Scientific-Technical Revolution.
    And Freemasons were The Providers.

4. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

[Error].

5. Winter

Winter Premium Member

There are forums where theories such as that would be much better received. This is not one of them.

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

coachn likes this.
  6. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

why do you believe this ? Please don't say Wikipedia

7. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Incompare it to these people fleeing oppresive regimes and sharia law only to demand from the country that took them in that they chamge their laws to be more like the counrty they justt left

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

8. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

The above is a great synopsis of the posters understanding.

Ressam and Ripcord22A like this.
  9. Joseph Thornton

Joseph Thornton Registered User

To me, this could very easily indicate organized religious denominations as untrustworthy, and not necessarily a denial of Christ's divinity.

Often a negative experience with the church DOES also bring relation to negative view of the whole religion. But doesnt have to.

Keep in mind, I am no expert on Franklin nor do I try to insinuate any authority on him.

10. Chaz

Chaz Registered User

11. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

@Ressam , just because someone lives in New Mexico doesn't mean they believe in extraterrestrials. Plus, Santa Fe and Roswell are separated by more than just distance; they are almost in different states.

Ripcord22A and Ressam like this.
  12. drw72

drw72 Premium Member

I just happened to be reading "The Constitutions of the Free-Masons (1734)" and thought of the sidebar in this thread about the Freemasons and American Revolution....

From Charge II: ..."So that if a Brother should be a Rebel against the State, he is not to be countenanc’d in his Rebellion, however he may be pitied as an unhappy Man ; and if convicted of no other Crime, though the loyal Brotherhood must and ought to disown his Rebellion, and give no Umbrage or Ground of political Jealousy to the Government for the time being ; they cannot expel him from the Lodge, and his Relation to it remains indefeasible."

So I get from this that the Brotherhood would condemn the rebellion but still support the Brother. I guess it could be likened to "hate the sin, not the sinner."

Chaz, dfreybur and Ripcord22A like this.
  13. Bro MBGellner RAM; 32nd

Bro MBGellner RAM; 32nd Registered User

It is easy to become obsessed with a billion explanations of our symbols. The craftsman should reflect on his teachings and works. The deeper meanings will occur to you more over time and with practiced reflection.

In the end, we are but a copy made in an image. And our teachings are to practice this image. It is a sacred truth that if you are a copy; then the one true form exists. We are rough longing to be perfect and by the symbolism of the dialogue the allegory teachings are a prophecy to us that the perfect one does exist.

God is at its center
    And we are God's followers.
    God calls us a priesthood.
    We are the priests.
    We have chosen a side because we choose light. Light is good. And there is no darkness in God.

14. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

Darkness exists, and since it is not in God it must exist outside God. Thus God is not the god of all existence.

15. Ripcord22A

Warrior1256 and goomba like this.
  16. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

According to Genesis, wasn't there darkness first, then "Let there be Light"..... if you're into that sort of Book :)

**waits to get shot down in full flames**

17. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Yeah, that does have a familiar ring to it.

18. Ripcord22A

19. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1

20. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

Years ago in the Scottish town of Forres (witches in Macbeth) I was walking at night on a path through the woods where some people had complained of being frightened. The distant street lights were reflected off the low clouds so there was some light on the path.

Ahead was an intersection in the path and there appeared to be some darkness moving around there. So, being somewhat headstrong, I stepped into the dark cloud. Immediately I could no longer see the leaves on the path I was standing on.

The darkness was thick and blocked the light.

So I fixed the entity and there were no more complaints.

Share My Freemasonry