My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic Wedding

If possible, would you have a Masonic Wedding

• Yes. We have a Masonic Burial so why not.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • No.

Votes: 37 42.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Not sure, depends on what she wants.

Votes: 19 21.6%

• Total voters

Nate Riley

Premium Member
As any man who is married knows, the only possible correct answer is the last one.;) I was told to show up with four other guys. All of us were to be clean, sober and dressed in evening wear. Otherwise, stay out of the way!:biggrin:

WorldsShortestFairyTale.jpg

Last edited:

Scotty32

I preformed a Masonic wedding, had to have a dispensation from the Grand Master to have it in the Lodge room.

That must have been really cool to do!

I would like to have a masonic wedding, but there is not a snow ball's chance in hell that would go with her side of the family.
May just opt for getting a pic done together in our aprons.

tom268

It is my opinion, that we should keep apart all religious and also social/public ceremonied from masonic rituals. I don't see any good in mixing them. What should a masonic wedding means to my wife, when she, on the other hand, cannot experience, what masonry means? And on the other hand, what should a quasi-masonic, down-graded ritual mean to me, if I have the full-scale masonic ritual in the lodge already?

No, such things are absolutely not my taste, although, it is known in Germany too. But seldomly done.

Beathard

Premium Member
Just putting my new law book pages in and ran across the Grand Masters Decisions approved by Grand Lodge December 2, 3 and 4, 2010. It says "There is no authorized wedding ceremony for Texas Masons, and it would be a Masonic disciplinary Violation to engage in any ceremony purporting to be Masonic that is not approved by Grand Lodge. "