Secrecy

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by MeCorby, May 18, 2016.

1. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

"These times" mean nothing when it comes to an honest man keeping his solemn obligation.

Bill Lins, dfreybur and Ripcord22A like this.
  2. mrpierce17

mrpierce17 KOP Council director / Lodge instructor Premium Member

I could tell you but then I would have to kill my self

3. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Be all that as it may or may not be, I know that talking about Freemasonry on the web has expanded my understanding of it... and that I did not take an obligation to stay ignorant, indeed at my initiation, while I was taught to be cautious - I was also instructed to make a daily advancement in masonic knowledge. I've used "tyled" micro forums to do that in and their value was immense. . and their content was not really about "secrets" but speculating on the script and symbols used in the craft - esp in other jurisdictions.

Bill Lins likes this.
  4. Winter

Winter Premium Member

I find it very sad that this is how you see our Order.

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

Travelling Man91 likes this.
  5. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

It's really interesting, Honorable Gentlemen!
    You're meeting once a week, or month, whenever, in The Lodge. Talkin', makin' Rituals, etc. Signs/tokens can be found in the internet.
    What "secrets"!?

6. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Its not a matter of what we keep secret its the fact that on my honor as a Man, mason, father, son, soldier ect ect that i promised not to reveal those things i was told were to be kept to myself

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Bill Lins likes this.
  7. Winter

Winter Premium Member

Just saying something over and over again doesn't make it true. If you truly believe there is no secret worth keeping in Freemasonry besides tradition, I would posit that you haven't found it yet. Having been a member of thr SCA for a long time, I find your analogy insulting. I am sure you didn't intend it that way but we are more than a collection of people just reenacting history with no purpose.

8. Travelling Man91

If you believe this, then why are you a freemason ?

9. Ripcord22A

Could you elaborate what the purpose of the SCA is? as someone that had no idea what it was till a couple weeks i just saw it as a massive LARPing group and my vision of LARPers isnt that great. I mean absolutly no disrespect brother and would truly like to know how the SCA differs from a group of people who still liveing in their parents basement and do things like this...

Or from a group who are historical reenactors such as civil war or anytime period strictly for keeping history alive.

Again i cant stress enough that i mean no disrespect in my inquiry i am just an ignorant when it comes to this subject

10. Travelling Man91

That's right. Let's put the topic of Freemasonry to the side for a second. If someone who was not a freemason told me something they wanted to be kept "secret" (between us), I would not tell. Yes, others may know what that person told me, but I told that person I would not tell, so therefore it will go to the grave with me. Same applies to Freemasonry. A man can go on the internet and learn what he believes to be the "secrets" of Freemasonry, but that doesn't mean I will validate what he learned, as this would be a violation to my obligation.

Bill Lins likes this.
  11. Winter

Winter Premium Member

I'll send you a PM after work so we don't clutter this thread with a side topic.

Ripcord22A likes this.
  12. Ripcord22A

not only that but what was found on the internet may and usually isn't the same from one jurisdiction to the next. Also the words, tokens and signs aren't all that is secret within a lodge.

13. Winter

Winter Premium Member

You can read all about the military on the Internet. But until you go through BMT and serve on Active Duty, you'll never know. Freemasonry is the same way.

Bloke and Ripcord22A like this.
  14. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I took and obligation that I would not reveal Masonic secrets. I did not take an obligation to care if someone else did on the internet, books or otherwise although a Brother may have a lot of explaining to do about violating HIS obligations. Therefore, I will not discuss on an open forum things that are supposed to only be spoken about in Lodge or with a Brother mouth to ear.

Bill Lins likes this.
  15. Winter

Winter Premium Member

It is OK brother. You can come right out and say you are talking about me. I don't mind and my skin is thick enough to take it. But your superficial view of the Craft is why you most likely have no respect for thr Secrets.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  16. Ripcord22A

@coachn what say you?

17. Ripcord22A

18. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

Regrettably both charges are true.

But, Masonic Science, being a genuine science, is always discoverable by those that actually undertake the work of the FC.

Unfortunately very few in Masonry, with the honorable exception of some SRIA members, undertake that work.

Time perhaps for death of the existing order and a rebirth of Freemasonry - under a new banner.

mrpierce17 likes this.
  19. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

Are such Masons given a mission from on-high?

Veiled perhaps under the statement that the lodge extends from E to W and N to S and from the center of the Earth to the Heavens?

20. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Please don't- we would miss you.

Share My Freemasonry