My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shots Fired!

Bloke

Premium Member
A good find. For me to watch a 5 min vid like that, it must have really held my interest. Mainly I think because it was clever and funny.

Thanks for posting it :)

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
A good find. For me to watch a 5 min vid like that, it must have really held my interest. Mainly I think because it was clever and funny.

Thanks for posting it :)
You're most welcome. Thanks for the feedback!

dfreybur

Premium Member
Very disappointing. However, I don't think GLs in other states or countries pulling recognition is the answer. If GLs do this every time that they disagree with the actions of another GL where does it end? Just my personal opinion.

Unfortunately because jurisdictions are sovereign there are few disciplinary tools available.

TN and GA will definitely lose a lot of the new generation. Their choice. There are functioning regular jurisdictions in those territories if anyone decided to recognize them and force two issues at the same time ...

Last edited:

MasterBulldawg

[quote uid=15064 name="Warrior1256" post=158299]Very disappointing. However, I don't think GLs in other states or countries pulling recognition is the answer. If GLs do this every time that they disagree with the actions of another GL where does it end? Just my personal opinion.[/QUOTE]<br /><br />Unfortunately because jurisdictions are sovereign there are few disciplinary tools available.<br /><br />TN and GA will definitely lose a lot of the new generation. There choice. There are functioning regular jurisdictions in those territories if anyone decided to recognize them and force two issues at the same time ...

Are you sure they (PHA GL) don't have any rules or regulations against homosexuality?

Also if the GMs for these two states we're not white but in fact Jewish or Muslim would there still be the same cry that their religion was playing a role in their decision?

Sent from my SM-N910P using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Bloke

Premium Member
I feel sorry for them. They have hurt themselves and their members. I would HATE to be a member there... what would I do ? Resign ? Lobby ? I would be looking for an old active warrant from another GL I guess, but man, it puts their members who passionately voted to end this ban in a tricky situation. And yes, I understand if it was lifted, it would put those who believe in it also in a tricky situation. Someone needs to make the best speech of their life to move those brothers into this Century and to realise their own religious moral beliefs have no place in a Constitution and/or homophobia is "unmasonic".

I think we need to move from admonishing Tenn to trying to change their thinking, but that is a very idealistic statement..

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I feel sorry for them. They have hurt themselves and their members.
Someone needs to make the best speech of their life to move those brothers into this Century and to realise their own religious moral beliefs have no place in a Constitution and/or homophobia is "unmasonic".
I think we need to move from admonishing Tenn to trying to change their thinking, but that is a very idealistic statement..
All very good points brother.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Are you sure they (PHA GL) don't have any rules or regulations against homosexuality?

Also if the GMs for these two states we're not white but in fact Jewish or Muslim would there still be the same cry that their religion was playing a role in their decision?

What does the PHA grand lodge have to do with the decisions made by the state grand lodges in GA & TN. It wouldn't matter what race or religion the GMs were, wrong is wrong. Your religious beliefs should not be imposed on masonry.

Last edited:

MasterBulldawg

What does the PHA grand lodge have to do with the decisions made by the state grand lodges in GA & TN. It wouldn't matter what race or religion the GMs were, wrong is wrong. Your religious beliefs should not be imposed on masonry.

Last edited: Today at 5:22 PM
Entered 01 May 2014
Passed 02 October 2014
Raised 29 January 2015

Memorial Lodge #1298

Grand Lodge of Texas

Arabia Temple A.A.O.N.M.S.

My Question on PHA GLs is in response to
Doug Freyburger comment on how Reg GL s should pull recognition of the GLs of TN & GA and and give recognition to the PHA GLs of the same states to make them change the rules.

As for the religion question I have seen post here and over sites to the effect of ...The White Grand Master imposing his Christian beliefs....i was trying to if the was a bias against white men or Christians. I know society is reluctant call out / criticize a minority and wanted to see if that true of masons as well.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
As for the religion question I have seen post here and over sites to the effect of ...The White Grand Master imposing his Christian beliefs....i was trying to if the was a bias against white men or Christians. I know society is reluctant call out / criticize a minority and wanted to see if that true of masons as well.

You wanted to see if there was a bias against the white grand masters in those states? There is so much irony & hypocrisy in that thought.

MasterBulldawg

You wanted to see if there was a bias against the white grand masters in those states? There is so much irony & hypocrisy in that thought.

Let me put it this way: I wanted to know if the bias is that a white Grand Master that is Christian and he makes an unpopular decision would be assumed that his religion played a part in it. Or do minorities get the benefit of the doubt when they make decisions that religion didn't play a part.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Let me put it this way: I wanted to know if the bias is that a white Grand Master that is Christian and he makes an unpopular decision would be assumed that his religion played a part in it. Or do minorities get the benefit of the doubt when they make decisions that religion didn't play a part.

We are way past what the grand masters did. It has been voted on at the Annual Communication in each state.